Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

A freebie for the woodrows

Question

This one isn't worth a patent lawyer or agent.LOL

But here you go.

It comes in handy in tight shiizzle ations. LOL

The Breeze Breaker. Ha . LOL get it????

You can have it. I used it a couple of times already and it works great.

Cost' about 3.00 to make.

Local home cheapo for the clamps and some left over tarp from your last project.

A couple pc. of 1 in. pvc tubage about 18-20 in..

Of course I will add it to ever expanding Breezeā„¢ line of products.

Why not, huh, why not??? Whatevaaaaaaaaaa

...... but you can have for free!!!!!!!!!!

post-1033-137772373419_thumb.jpg

post-1033-13777237348_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

Fences go quick for me and a shield in one hand for the top is easy and much faster.

In places where stain must not go through or over I have used 2 2x4's and a 9x12 drop cloth. Nail the corner of the drop cloth to the top end of the 2x4 and drop them on the other side to lean against the fence. Spray 12ft then move one pole for another 12ft.

Fences go quick for me and a shield in one hand for the top is easy and much faster.

In places where stain must not go through or over I have used 2 2x4's and a 9x12 drop cloth. Nail the corner of the drop cloth to the top end of the 2x4 and drop them on the other side to lean against the fence. Spray 12ft then move one pole for another 12ft.

Show us your sheild Bro!!!!!!!

I'd love to see it.

I have been contemplating many versions of what you have for use on decks not only to calm the breeze but to catch the overspray.

Functionality vs practicality has always been the issue though.

We tend to drape a tarp over a fence and spray while under it. The guys are wearing respirators while doing it but it does help control the overspray.

Decks of course are another thing. We tend to spray only the undersides of the rail caps and bottom rail to get all the corners involved around the spindles. Otherwise its pad only for the rest.

Rod!~

Yeah Rod, The Breeze Beaker is just something I used a couple of times so far for fences.

Idle hands are the devils workshop.

I have just been trying to stay busy and keep my old mind active during the mending.

I don't know of any better ways than what you and your wife described for decks.

IMO, sometimes the best way to avoid overspray is the good old fashioned way. With a brush and pad.

But hey, that's why they hire us for this type of work. They at least know that there is a PITA factor involved.

Have a great one everybody?

We usually tarp off a "spray booth".... works like a charm and no overspray gets through. I have went to the extent of buying an Ez-popup canopy even and building an 8x8 spray booth with heavy plastic but it was overkill and a pain to move. 2 or 3 mil plastic with canvas to weight it down still works the best.

I use 2 inch dowels 6 to 8 ft long and rap the plastic and clamp. I use two dowels one .at each end with about 8 feet of plastic between. Lots of big card board.