Sign in to follow this  
Shawn F.

Hydro Tek Pro Line Pressure Washer?

I am hoping to get some information on these pressure washers or on the brand at least and get some opinions and suggestions on some questions I should ask when looking to buy one... Here is the Craigslist ad I am looking at and plan to call either tomorrow or Friday about it: http://charlotte.craigslist.org/for/2238205991.html

The questions I plan to ask so far is how many hours on the unit and pump and if the pump has been rebuilt.

He mentions in the ad about separating the unit so I will ask about price on just the unit with hoses, reels and nozzles. I do not need the trailer or surface cleaner unless the surface cleaner is going to be sold for CHEAP. I have a tank and trailer already and plan to purchase a flat bed truck later this year to mount anyways.

I just want to make sure this is a good brand along with a good burner for hot water and I am not wasting my time going to look at it.

Any information, opinions and suggestions on this unit would be GREATLY appreciated! I was looking at some Landa units which seem to be pretty pricey but well worth that price, but if I can get a nice used unit for a good price I will do that as well. Thanks a lot in advance!

Also ask when was the machine purchases and if he is the original owner and how many hours are on the machine. Hydrotek makes excellent machines I just wish they had a little more HP to them.

Thanks again. As for the water tank, I have a 150 gallon tank already and will stick with that for now because every house I've done so far and every car detail I've done in the past 4 or 5 years, the customer never minds if I use their water. I usually ask them to use their water before starting the job and I've never had one person say no yet. I do want to have a 250 gallon tank or so to have laying around for backup though just in case.

Well I just talked to the guy and he sold it already... My luck of course. Either way, how much is it to buy this same unit brand new? I am looking online but nobody lists ANY prices on any site and they are all saying to call for price. I'd like to get some opinions and info on what you guys paid for yours because it seems that everytime I call a company on car parts, tools, etc and it's a "Call For Price" ad, they give me the run around and never give me a straight up price out the door or shipped to my house. Am I looking at spending $8000 for this same unit brand new or more or less?

Thanks again for any info!

Russ, I will be giving you a call most likely sometime next week. I actually found out that my local pressure washer place sells not only Landa but Hydro Tek as well so they are getting me a price quote on Monday or Tuesday.

I appreciate your help and time!

Russ, I will be giving you a call most likely sometime next week. I actually found out that my local pressure washer place sells not only Landa but Hydro Tek as well so they are getting me a price quote on Monday or Tuesday.

I appreciate your help and time!

Get that quote and call Russ anyway. It might be best to buy from your local guy because they can service the machine but if there raping you over the coals with price then I'd look to buy elsewhere and then if something goes wrong and you cant fix it have your local guy take care of it. I'm only saying this if your local guy is way to high on price. A little high is OK because they will service it but off the charts high....well because of the net....those days are over. Still call Russ to see what he is offering.

Good luck

Shawn - From one Carolinian to another.................CALL RUSS

I am not speaking ill of the dealer you're likely talking to, but I can almost bet money on the better deal and TECHNICAL customer service you will receive from Southside.

Ok I will take your work on this for sure! I do not mind buying somewhere non local because I will most likely fix the machine myself if something does go wrong. I work on my own vehicles, tools, motorcycles, etc so as far as that goes I am covered... Now having to get replacement parts, that's another story. Only thing is that shipping or freight charges may KILL me if I do not buy local.

So, here's the deal. Russ is having a killer Round Table the end of May (giving a skid away and I'm betting your a RT Virgin so you're a shoe-in to win it). You just need to give him a call. The drive isn't awful - save freight and learn more than you ever imagined!

Can you please send me the details on this Round Table at the end of May? Is it where Russ is at or a central location somewhere? I have been wanting to attend one and this may be my best opportunity.

Well guys I'm still on the hunt for a pressure washer and came across this one: SKID MOUNT PRESSURE WASHER I am hoping to get some opinions on this type and what you think on the price and amount of hours. My 3200 PSI 4 GPM Honda pressure washer is on it's way out very soon and I need to get something quick. If I cannot find anything local within the next 2 weeks then I will be giving Russ a call on one. I was going to go with an 8 GPM unit but just cannot afford it right now and I think for residential work (mostly just siding, gutters, small roofs and small walkways) than a 5.5 GPM unit will do fine for now.

I'd greatly appreciate anymore help.

Well guys I'm still on the hunt for a pressure washer and came across this one: SKID MOUNT PRESSURE WASHER I am hoping to get some opinions on this type and what you think on the price and amount of hours. My 3200 PSI 4 GPM Honda pressure washer is on it's way out very soon and I need to get something quick. If I cannot find anything local within the next 2 weeks then I will be giving Russ a call on one. I was going to go with an 8 GPM unit but just cannot afford it right now and I think for residential work (mostly just siding, gutters, small roofs and small walkways) than a 5.5 GPM unit will do fine for now.

I'd greatly appreciate anymore help.

I also found this one as well which looks to be a bit better of a pressure washer since it's a Landa... pressure washer hot

Shawn, you can buy the first one for a few hundred dollars mor and it will be beand new.

On the second you can do the same, thats way too much for that, the second one would be the better deal though

Yea I like the hydroteks, If you can get a new one, I'd go that way, You buy it used and you take the chance of something being wrong with it. I have a hydrotek, I also got it from Russ at southside, This thing has ran like a tank, Hardly any problems out of it!

I bought my current machine used from a contractor getting out of the biz. Now I pay Russ's mortgage with all the repairs it constantly needs. Take Ronnies advice and get a new one from Russ. Money well spent.

Thanks for the info and advice guys! I will just buy new as mentioned here. As for the roundtable, I was going to make plans to make it but I am in the middle of moving right now and it just can't/wont happen unfortunately. I will give Russ a call here sometime in the next few days. I have been putting it off trying to give my local shop a chance but I've tried 4 times with them with no call or email back on a price on their Landa or HydroTek unit. :(

They have now lost my business for good unfortunately.

Call me...it'll be less...quite a bit less.

Russ, do you think you can sell cheaper to me in Seattle? I would think shipping would be the problem with these heavy pressure washers?

Neil