Sign in to follow this  
metcalfec

QC's when? Where? How? Who? Why?

Just as the title states I have a question about quick connects, I am thinking about QCing my wands to my trigger guns as I have more wands than guns. Is this something that is normal or would any of you not recommend doing this. Wether you like or dislike please give feedback, I am interested to know.

Thanks

Chris

I prefer the 22 mm twist couplers between the wand and gun. There's a lot more surface area to take the "wobble" that hanging a 4' piece of pipe off a gun will cause. The groove that the balls lock into on regular quick couplers are fairly thin, and many times snap off in the groove.

I hate quick connects. more problems to deal with. Things leaking. Replacing O-rings, but also, I dont use alot of diffrent tips, I've tried to eliminate them anywhere I can

I prefer the 22 mm twist couplers between the wand and gun. There's a lot more surface area to take the "wobble" that hanging a 4' piece of pipe off a gun will cause. The groove that the balls lock into on regular quick couplers are fairly thin, and many times snap off in the groove.

Russ J , have you heard or seen a 1/4 or 3/8 QC blow out?,......... I just changed all yesterday as the plug grooves looked battered, 8 @ 3600 is quite a bit of force.

We use stainless QC's from the end of the hose to the tip. We have numerous changes when doing wood and it helps to use them.

The 22m connectors are on hose whips between machine and hose reel.

Rod!~

We use stainless QC's from the end of the hose to the tip. We have numerous changes when doing wood and it helps to use them.

The 22m connectors are on hose whips between machine and hose reel.

Rod!~

And the hose to pw gun and gunn to wand.

The only place the 22mm connectors are not used is at the end of the wand. At the end of the wand I use the standard QC for the tips.