Sign in to follow this  
John.Harper

Bulk Chemicals

I have been getting my chemicals from bob at pressure tek but im gonna try buying bulk chemicals. I found a good deal for 250 pounds of sodium hydroxide and 200 pounds of oxalic im just not sure what concentrations are safe. Does anyone have any insight on this?

The magic is not in the raw chemical. The magic is in the formulation of everything else. Boosters, surfactants, buffers, and sometimes pixie dust. There are many people that formulate their own, but they usually don't have to ask.

+1 for Timo.

The main components alone do not work as well as a designed mix. Sodium Hydroxide alone will not touch acrylics and will react very harshly to exposed wood creating severe fuzzies and damaging the wood.

Unless you are a chemist, I suggest you stick with cleaners/strippers that were designed by one or hire one to do it for you and private label it.

Rod!~

+1 for Timo.

The main components alone do not work as well as a designed mix. Sodium Hydroxide alone will not touch acrylics and will react very harshly to exposed wood creating severe fuzzies and damaging the wood.

Unless you are a chemist, I suggest you stick with cleaners/strippers that were designed by one or hire one to do it for you and private label it.

Rod!~

Thank You Beth.

I whish I still had the picture of the time I had Rook Magic on my leg that ran into my sock. Within 30 minutes it started eating a hole in my leg the size of a quarter and 1/4 of an inch deep. It took over three months to heal. Many here may remember that.

Edited by The Chemical Doctor

just thought it could save me some money i do have access to someone with a doctorate in chemistry just figured with the hydroxide it'd just be as easy as adding surfactants guess im wrong