Sign in to follow this  
Carolina Clean

My mini rig need advice on the setup.

Is that a metal elbow fitting on the chemical tank? If it is you'll have troubles with it. SH will erode it very quickly.

I would also change out those straps you are using to hold down that 100 gallon tank, the metal bands or either the galvanized bands are much safer and way way better.

The other ones you have are too thin and will dry rot quickly. I know them, its an easy one they came from Home Depot.

Just my opinion but it looks as if it may be overloaded? The DOT looks at stuff like that by not whats in the tanks but at the capability of them so thats 800 pounds minimum on the 100 gallon tank and 280 on the 35 gallon tank, 150 or so for a washer and about 100 pounds average on the hose reels plus the weight of the trailer its self.

Better be careful, by my calculation it should be right at 1690 pounds counting the weight of the trailer and thats not taking into account the additional welding you have done.

Edited by Russ Spence

Just my opinion but it looks as if it may be overloaded? The DOT looks at stuff like that by not whats in the tanks but at the capability of them so thats 800 pounds minimum on the 100 gallon tank and 280 on the 35 gallon tank, 150 or so for a washer and about 100 pounds average on the hose reels plus the weight of the trailer its self.

Better be careful, by my calculation it should be right at 1690 pounds counting the weight of the trailer and thats not taking into account the additional welding you have done.

Yeah I think Im done with adding stuff. Maybe a place to mount a surface cleaner. If I run into any issues with DOT and the weight. I'll just get a smaller tank. It's just a buffer tank. I think I can get away with something smaller.

Oh and the straps like I said before. I never ride with the tank full and I think it will be ok. But will look into the metal ones.

How long did it take and what was the cost for the Rhino Liner sprayed on it? The reason I ask is that I have two nice metal ramps I use to run my snowblower up the pack of my truck in the winter. I little ice and snow gets things pretty slippery and I thought the Rhino Liner sprayed on these ramps might prevent me from throwing out a few disks in my spine.

We pulled two of these trailers from Sioux Falls to Las Vegas. One was loaded big with lightweight bulky stuff and weighed in at 1460 the other one was loaded tight with heavy stuff and weighed in at 1780. We didn't reinforce anything. They both made the trip fine but the 8 inch tires only lasted 50 miles. We upgraded to the 12 inch and the rest of the trip was gravy. This was high speed interstate runs.

I like your setup. It's great for running around town. Here in Vegas you wouldn't even need a license plate for that.

How long did it take and what was the cost for the Rhino Liner sprayed on it? The reason I ask is that I have two nice metal ramps I use to run my snowblower up the pack of my truck in the winter. I little ice and snow gets things pretty slippery and I thought the Rhino Liner sprayed on these ramps might prevent me from throwing out a few disks in my spine.

I spayed it on and painted it on with a brush. Spraying it is messy. Don't get the stuff on your skin. It won't come off for days. Maybe a week of scrubbing. It looks good for a few weeks. Nice and shinny. The it fades. Lots of grip. You can reapply anytime you want.

We pulled two of these trailers from Sioux Falls to Las Vegas. One was loaded big with lightweight bulky stuff and weighed in at 1460 the other one was loaded tight with heavy stuff and weighed in at 1780. We didn't reinforce anything. They both made the trip fine but the 8 inch tires only lasted 50 miles. We upgraded to the 12 inch and the rest of the trip was gravy. This was high speed interstate runs.

I like your setup. It's great for running around town. Here in Vegas you wouldn't even need a license plate for that.

Yeah that's what it's for. No long distance runs. Yeah no license plates here.

Edited by Carolina Clean

I had it sprayed in the bed of my new truck before I took delivery of it last year. Beautiful stuff. I don't even strap down the chemical tanks... nothing slides in the bed of that truck.

Well I finally got to use the new setup today. Was waiting on the 2.1 injector to come in. Well I love it. It's so much easier to use. Getting a good amount of chemical on the house now. Mixing 3.5 gallons of 12.5% chlorine, 1.5 gallons water & (2) 8oz scoops of Simple Cherry for every 5 gallons. 35 gallons total. I think I need a little more surfactant in the mix. The chemical doesn't seem to have many bubbles in it. So I think I might add some Dawn to the mix. Thanks for the input. Especially the injector. ;)

Well I finally got to use the new setup today. Was waiting on the 2.1 injector to come in. Well I love it. It's so much easier to use. Getting a good amount of chemical on the house now. Mixing 3.5 gallons of 12.5% chlorine, 1.5 gallons water & (2) 8oz scoops of Simple Cherry for every 5 gallons. 35 gallons total. I think I need a little more surfactant in the mix. The chemical doesn't seem to have many bubbles in it. So I think I might add some Dawn to the mix. Thanks for the input. Especially the injector. ;)

Justin just add more simple cherry