Sign in to follow this  
Carolina Clean

My mini rig need advice on the setup.

Hey guys here's my mini rig i made using a Harbor Freight Trailor, 8 gpm 21 HP Briggs, 125 gallon buffer tank. Well I've been using the X-jet lately ever since I was having trouble with downstreaming. But now I want to try it again and I'm adding a chemical tank to the rig. It's a small 35 gallon tank. I do mostly residential soft wash jobs. Nothing really big. yet

Well Im looking for some advice on on the plumbing. Was think about having a drain so if I need to carry straight SH in it for the though jobs and use the X-jet. But for the downstreaming it would be hooked up straight to the injector.

Also I've heard not to mix SH and your soap and leave it because it will down grade the SH. Is there a way to inject just Simple Cherry/ Dawn/ etc water mix downstream from the SH/Water mix?

Thanks before hand.

2011-06-30_11-45-54_147.jpg

2011-06-30_11-46-06_812.jpg

It doesn't degrade that fast. I usually mix what I need for the day.

Not trying to split hairs, but if you're X-jetting you're not soft washing.

What problems are you having with down-streaming? If you want give me a call and we can figure it out.

Edited by Guy B

Make sure you're wearing steel toed gloves the first time you put the tailgate down and slam your hand Between the tailgate and the jack head.

I admire, and am quite happy to work with, cobbled together crap. But that trailer scares the bejesus out of me in this application. If you never go over thirty five miles an hour. If you never hit a pot hole. If you never take it off the secondary roads. If you have all insurances paid up and are living right, you may get away with it for a little while.

But please, for the sake of all that is holy, make plans ASAP to put that rather respectable looking array of equipment on a trailer with axle stubs that are bigger than your pinkie. That trailer can hurt someone.

I do admire the progress you are making on your setup.

P.S., The trailer jack is so far forward that you will probably not mash your hand, but the first time you put a jack shaped crater in the tailgate of that nice truck, you ain't gonna like yourself too much.

Posted in love my friend.

Your liqued will weigh about 1275 #, add the pw, hose reels, hoses, fuel, the extra stuff you alway throw on and you will be overloaded.

Yeah I never ride with the tank full ever. It's always drained. So it's in the limit.

Make sure you're wearing steel toed gloves the first time you put the tailgate down and slam your hand Between the tailgate and the jack head.

I admire, and am quite happy to work with, cobbled together crap. But that trailer scares the bejesus out of me in this application. If you never go over thirty five miles an hour. If you never hit a pot hole. If you never take it off the secondary roads. If you have all insurances paid up and are living right, you may get away with it for a little while.

But please, for the sake of all that is holy, make plans ASAP to put that rather respectable looking array of equipment on a trailer with axle stubs that are bigger than your pinkie. That trailer can hurt someone.

P.S., The trailer jack is so far forward that you will probably not mash your hand, but the first time you put a jack shaped crater in the tailgate of that nice truck, you ain't gonna like yourself too much.

Thanks for the heads up. I've beefed to trailer up pretty good. All the main joints are welded, added the center braces, etc. Going over it tomorrow. Touching up the Rinoliner and plumbing. At first I worried but now after all the reinforcement she is really solid. The only thing I would worry about on this trailer is the tire blowing out on it.

If you are having trouble with downstreaming, here are some tips you will need for an 8 gpm pump. 1) Get a good trigger gun rated for >11 gpm. 2) If you are using over 50' hose (looks like about 200' on your reel) use the 2.1mm injector which is rated for a lower gpm. 3) Use a #40 or larger soap nozzle or use a hi /low variable like I do but drill it out to 7/32". Keep several new injectors for backup, they are real time savers and money makers. Set the X jet aside for emergencies or instances where you need really high concentrations. Also like Guy said X-jetting ain't soft washing! I like to use my X jet nozzle when I am rinsing metal buildings.

Thought that was the problem, you're using the wrong size injector. For an 8 gpm machine you should be using a injector thats rated for 3-5 gpm or a 2.1, if I'm not mistaken. That's what we use on all of our machines. And make sure they're pointed in the right direction, injectors that is.

I love this nozzle, just don't use hot water with it! http://www.pressuretek.com/hilowvano.html

drill out center to 7/32. Also a 2.3 injector will not draw use a 2.1 with your setup.

I have good luck with this gun... Comfort technology designed “easy-pull trigger” and comfortable grip provide ease when working long hours. If you have extreme abuse applications, the ST-2305 is up for the challenge with it's handle constructed of impact resistant plastic. - TRIGGER and it is easy to rebuild.

GOOD TO GO!

2011-07-02_15-15-36_913.jpg