Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

This blew me away...

Question

Our deck is more than 1600 square feet, and had gone more than ten years without even the most rudimentary maintenance. It’s split over two levels, and over looks the golf course from 40’ above the ground. To call it a serious restoration project would bean understatement. After reading everything I could find on the internet, and getting outrageous quotes from the local painters (there are no deck restoration professionals in this area of Iowa) I decided to simply find the most expensive deck wash available, follow the instructions to the letter, and try my luck.

After two weeks of work I was left with a deck that looked worse than what I had started with,and I began to panic. With one last scan of the internet I came upon www.seedirtrun.com and found their phone number. Beth Borrego answered and patiently began to work through the debacle I had gotten myself into. Her company is located about fifteen hundred miles from my deck, and unfortunately there was no way for them to come in and pick up where I had left off.

At this time they didn’t sell cleaners or stain to the general public, and it became clear that See Dirt Run wasn’t going to make a cent with me.Much to my surprise, Beth began to lay out a plan to get me back on track. She took the time to explain the effect of the different chemicals available, how they interact with one another, and went through the half truths that various manufacturers include in their instructions. From this point on she gave me both guidance and moral support (I called several times threatening to burn the deck down) and ultimately helped guide me towards success.

I write this letter now from a beautifully stained and protected deck. Several of my neighbors have stopped by to ask what stain and method I used to restore the deck, and every one of our guests has commented on the beauty of the wood. This deck now looks just as good as it did the day it was built, and it’s all because of the skill and techniques that See Dirt Run apply to every job. Using their approach I (a simple amateur) was able to achieve amazing results, and I can only imagine what the deck would have looked like with See Dirt Run’s professionals on the job. Knowing what I know now, I would highly recommend spending the money to have their experts apply the same methods to your deck. (if you’re lucky enough to be located in Maryland!)

I hope that Beth and everyone at See Dirt Run will accept my most sincere thanks,

-Aaron Warner

-Coralville, Iowa

- 10-5-2004

post-1-137772139255_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772139264_thumb.jpg

post-1-137772139271_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Beth,

This is the kind of testimonial every company hopes to get.

By offering your time and advice at no charge you have made a lasting impression with Mr.Warner and from the comments he made above, this is definitely a BIG plus mark for the pressure washing and deck restoration industry.

Satisfied customer once gave me a crystal serving bowl as a "thank you" after a quality job. He also said it was a wedding gift for my wife and me, but I don't think he would have even considered it had the job not been quality.

Hearing praise always lifts your spirit and pushes you to be the best.

I received a homemade banana cream pie one time. This lady schoolteacher was in the process of painting her house and I did the prewash. She saw my ladder leg levelers and was amazed, so I went and got a contracters discount for a set for her 40 ft. ladder before she painted. It was one hell of a pie too!!

I"ve gotten some $$ tips those are always :cool: ....some lil thank you notes with check mailed and a few voice mails 1 of them i still have on my cell phone.I wish i could make that one into a wave file!

Sounds like there is $$ to make in that part of Iowa if he couldn't find someone to restore his deck :)