Sign in to follow this  
Lou Beach

What do you think of this Rig deal on Ebay?

Question

17 answers to this question

Lou,

We built our rig with all new equipment for very little more than what they want for these.I agree they look very used.

We have a Largo skid 3500psi/5.5gpm and paid less than $4k for the machine delivered,by the time I got the trailer,tank,hose reels,surface cleaner and other odds and ends,we still had only $7k in the entire set up.BUilding it yourself isn't for everyone.Largo sells a complete rig for around $8500. www.mobileclean.com ,I think the site is being reconstructed but you can get the phone number there and have them send you a catalog.

Lou,

The 2nd unit was made local to me.I know the company has not built a set up like that in several years.I have seen several like it,most are sitting collecting rust.Not to mention it has a blown coil and they are not cheap.The company has changed ownership a number of times in the last 5 yrs and they are not noted for great customer service.

There is a new unit like #1 listed on ebay for $12000.00.

Thanks folks,

I will continue to look. I am hoping to find a used rig in good to very good condition, Hot water, 5gpm or greater, double axle trailer, 3500psi, water tank and as many accessories as I can get. Also hoping to get a surface cleaner as part of a deal.

Keep looking cause they will be out there soon enough. So many people bail out of this business at this time of year for one reason or another. I bought a used Hydrotek rig set-up 2 yrs ago that came with a Hydrotek Service cleaner. It was only 2 yrs old and cost over $10,000 new. I paid $5000 for it and it has worked great.

So keep looking because there will be great deals to be had in the near future.

Good Luck

Thanks John for the encouragement. I have been waiting for a nice rig and a reasonable price to come along. I hope I can get something like you did, I'd be very happy with a rig like that.

Here's another one that looks to be in pretty good shape to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50388&item=3845781091&rd=1

Only concern is the 4.7GPM. I want to be able to run a surface cleaner and I was under the impression that surface cleaners need a minimun of 5GPM to work effectively.

Only concern is the 4.7GPM. I want to be able to run a surface cleaner and I was under the impression that surface cleaners need a minimun of 5GPM to work effectively.

Steel Eagle rates their 24" surface cleaner for a minimum of 1500 psi and 3 gpm. Sure more is better, but you can run one from this.

I hate when people list something like that on Ebay and don't put thier minimum bid price on it. Why start bidding at $1000 if you won't consider selling it for that? It's just a dumb waste of time.

Hey Lou, If your seriously looking for a good rig contact one call power wash in southern maryland. He's closing down and he's got some nice equipment. He's actually selling his company if your interested.

Henry,

I have been in touch with Gordon from One Call, He is trying to sell the entire business first and if he cannot he will sell equipment seperately.

I may not be able to afford his equipment, however, we will see.

Thanks for the heads up.

Squirt,

I have been looking at that one.

Is almost 2000 hours on a machine too much?

Also not bids on this one, usually on ebay when there is a good rig available people usually place bids on them.

Lou,

I missed the hours somehow.Yes, in my opinion that many hours is high for the price they are asking.Even if the machine has been well maintained that is a lot of hours.Keep looking,you should be able to find one with less than 200 hours.