Sign in to follow this  
John T

Career coming to an end..another one keeps going.

Question

My knee is still swollen but yesterday I passed my physical. I walked out of the hospital where my surgeon's office is and jumped in the Car with my wife. It was a bitter sweet day. We talked and then I called my Chief. He said I could come back no problem.. I surprised him and said... I'm done. These are turbulent times and I have one of the best law Enforcement jobs in the country.

That job was a good run.... And the security of it is rock solid... But I'm done. To burnt out floating two careers and sidebar stuff for going on 17 years. Dec 31st is my official date to leave. It's tough to leave there when I been there since 89 coming from NYPD where I started in 87.

Powerwashing will be the last job I will ever really have. Kathy is now involved with it full-time.. And this is now a family ran business which is the way I always hoped it would be.

Now I'm going to try and give back where I can and also participate some more by starting with roundtables like I used to do.....

Sad to close out one part of my life and excited about heading into the final turn in my employment life..

See some of you guys again next year.

16 answers to this question

But now you get the best job, giving back to the community. With your years of service in law enforcment, you can leave with a solid retirement, and devote your time to improving your business, improving the trade and doing good things for the community. I envy you for the changes coming in your life.

But now you get the best job, giving back to the community. With your years of service in law enforcment, you can leave with a solid retirement, and devote your time to improving your business, improving the trade and doing good things for the community. I envy you for the changes coming in your life.

Thanks Doug. I feel lucky that I stuck it out as long as I did but in return I'm envious of you guys to who took the risk years ago that started your businesses and being all in with it.

The bread and butter for this country has and always will be the small businesses with less then 50 employee's. Not the Walmart's and Apple's etc... It's you guys.. So it's time to expand a little by hiring maybe another person or 2 and to also give back if I can.... And hook up with some guys from the past here. I can't wait:)

Don't forget to turn in your one bullet Ha Ha Ha

Congratulations to you and your family John. Its a big step for sure but you aren't getting any younger and now you will have more time with your family. Thanks for your service

Rock on you mad man.

Don't forget to turn in your one bullet Ha Ha Ha

Congratulations to you and your family John. Its a big step for sure but you aren't getting any younger and now you will have more time with your family. Thanks for your service

Rock on you mad man.

They never did give me that bullet:) I've been fortunate missing these last few months on my scheduled tours. I was scheduled to work the night of the hurricane and the next night. That next night there was a shooting with the police that also 2 guys on my job where involved in. 16 shots were fired.

On 9-11 I was scheduled to work solo the night before and @ 4am on 9-11 where I would have been there we had a 22 yr old kid hit a utility pole that electrified the car and burnt the kid to death.. That obviously became a crime scene where the charred body was in the car.

Yup Barney will soon be leaving the building Dec 31st for the last time.. But luckily I take my guns with me.. If I can only find that bullet:)

Congratulations John.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks Tone.. Where have the 25 yrs went... Time flew there.. Hmmmm must have been all the time on the bb's:)

That's a big step and I wish you the very best. We are lucky to work in a field that we can enjoy... So many times I hear others talk about how they hate going to their job yet they do little or nothing to change it. Several years back my friend Robbie was also a policeman but hated going to work, he always wanted to be a cook. Quit his job and opened a little breakfast place where he is the cook and has been doing quite well. Gotta do what makes you happy. All the best!

So very true. I actually like my job and the guys are great. The stuff out in the street you get to a point you just had enough. There is no movement on my job and to be a boss is all politics and that never interested me. But I had a major set-up in there that was aces... And we are completely private with our own mayors, police comm. Etc.. If you saw what I'm walking away from you would think I'm nuts.. But its time and when you get that thought in your head in law enforcement and and you have the ability to leave.... Then you go out the door and never come back.. That day is Dec 31st..

The one thing I won't have to hear anymore is "When are you going to start writing tickets" ummmm never:)

guess you'll be using a different kind of gun now .. would be awesome to have some round tables in this area im about 30 minutes south of philly and i haven't seen any that were even remotely close

My knee is still swollen but yesterday I passed my physical. I walked out of the hospital where my surgeon's office is and jumped in the Car with my wife. It was a bitter sweet day. We talked and then I called my Chief. He said I could come back no problem.. I surprised him and said... I'm done. These are turbulent times and I have one of the best law Enforcement jobs in the country.

That job was a good run.... And the security of it is rock solid... But I'm done. To burnt out floating two careers and sidebar stuff for going on 17 years. Dec 31st is my official date to leave. It's tough to leave there when I been there since 89 coming from NYPD where I started in 87.

Powerwashing will be the last job I will ever really have. Kathy is now involved with it full-time.. And this is now a family ran business which is the way I always hoped it would be.

Now I'm going to try and give back where I can and also participate some more by starting with roundtables like I used to do.....

Sad to close out one part of my life and excited about heading into the final turn in my employment life..

See some of you guys again next year.

I am sure you will have a moment to reflect on all the "stuff" over the years. Congrats John! So...you will be full time washing?

I am sure you will have a moment to reflect on all the "stuff" over the years. Congrats John! So...you will be full time washing?

Thanks.. Keeping my guys full-time washing. I'm just eliminating my other full-time job which free's me up to hang with the washers. This week we did a parking garage and a college Bldg.. So where still cranking out the cleanings.. Hopefully cya somewhere next year. So Far me and Kath are booked to go to Acr's RT, Matt and Jacks Albany Seminar and we just booked our rooms for Thads Nola Event. Also going to the PWNA Convention maybe 1-2 more RT's before the years out and might have to drop into the White House along the way.....

Going to be a fun year........