Sign in to follow this  
John.Harper

Foaming agents?

Question

Just read the first post on the home page of this site and read about people using foaming agents in their housewash i also read about it when i read "the pressure washing marketing bible" but besides that i haven't seen or heard much about people using foaming agents or seen any for sale .. who else uses them? I would like to use them. What are they stable with?

14 answers to this question

Before we started using the green wash we were mixing 15 gals 12.5 sh with 30 gals of water plus Talon. So far with green wash we are mixing 10 gals 12.5 sh with 40 gals of water. Next year I think I can bring the water up to 45 gals to 10 gals sh. Since 12.5 sh runs us around $2.40 a gal this is a significant savings. Yes green wash costs more than talon but we still are seeing a savings in mix cost plus we don't have to add a masking agent.

The more you read, the more you will learn.

A lot of the older house wash recipe's had everything separate so you mixed up everthing as you needed it.

With great soaps for house washing like Simple Cherry and Green Wash, you just add some to your SH and get to work.

Most of the questions you ask, will ask or want to ask have been asked here many times over and over and over just like on the other bbs's out there.

As time goes on, things evolve, things get streamlined, productivity goes up, etc....

If you want to learn a lot on how to get started in the business, there are a lot of guys that will teach you or you can attend some of the training at the yearly events which cuts down drastically on the learning curve.

Until you learn a lot about chemicals, have a lot of years' experience with them, I would not go messing around and become the home-brew-mad scientist because that will waste a lot of time, money and possibly get you or people around you hurt by trying to save a few bucks or believing what you read on the bbs, there is a lot of mis-information being given out there, don't believe everything you see or hear on that internet.

i think i have a general grasp on everything i just like to ask questions to hear others input and see if i can learn things from them .. i mix my housewash differently for every house depending on what it needs to be cleaned i usually add a range of alkalines i sometimes get a bit meticulous and its my first year i'd rather waste money on chems then start my second year with no returning customers

Foaming agents do help. Chris is right about reading. A smart man learns by his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. Develope a relationship with your supplier. I know most of the suppliers here and they are great people with respect for each other.many of them I have met in person.In the past I supplied formulas to my customers and still do.

Foaming agents do help. Chris is right about reading. A smart man learns by his mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others. Develope a relationship with your supplier. I know most of the suppliers here and they are great people with respect for each other.many of them I have met in person.In the past I supplied formulas to my customers and still do.

Save money for sure, great post Doctor