Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

I'm running for UAMCC President!!! Ask Questions here

Question

74 answers to this question

I think Ron would make a great president for an Org, he has a lot of experience in this industry and has a passion for what he does. I do feel that working together will be the biggest thing that will make it an sucess.

I think Beth has some valid points that should be consider too, a great president is a great servant, and must be willing to listen and analize things.

Bingo.. To be a great president you have to be passionate, give a damn and learn to listen because if your really good then the people you surround yourself should be the best and the brightest in there respective fields.

Ron if he wants to be a good president he needs to take criticism and learn from it. He has to step up to the plate and be able to know when to swing or not and at what cost... Ron has to have a uniter personality and not a search and destroy attitude. He should strive to be the best and others will follow.. He should never lead by making others look bad or denouncing other orgs within this industry.. Ron needs to change in some ways and then with his energy things will happen.. I'm skeptical about Ron being a good team player. I think Rons strengths is being the boss for a private entity. His weekness by far is going to be fair-minded with a group of his peers when he has that my way or the highway approach.

I only know one guy who could beat him if he really wanted to and this guy is a star who owns one of the largest window cleaning and pressure washing companies in NY.. His name is Jim Grady from the PWNA at ome time and was a past president of the IWCR... I'm going to probably hook up with him in New Orleans next year...

Back to this if Ron can change his attitude and stop calling other people liars and just stay away and not entertaining the garbage and just focus in and stay that way he will win.. And once that happens he would need to just stay focused.. I think that's going to be tough but if he really wants it... It can happen.

Bingo.. To be a great president you have to be passionate, give a damn and learn to listen because if your really good then the people you surround yourself should be the best and the brightest in there respective fields.

Ron if he wants to be a good president he needs to take criticism and learn from it. He has to step up to the plate and be able to know when to swing or not and at what cost... Ron has to have a uniter personality and not a search and destroy attitude. He should strive to be the best and others will follow.. He should never lead by making others look bad or denouncing other orgs within this industry.. Ron needs to change in some ways and then with his energy things will happen.. I'm skeptical about Ron being a good team player. I think Rons strengths is being the boss for a private entity. His weekness by far is going to be fair-minded with a group of his peers when he has that my way or the highway approach.

I only know one guy who could beat him if he really wanted to and this guy is a star who owns one of the largest window cleaning and pressure washing companies in NY.. His name is Jim Grady from the PWNA at ome time and was a past president of the IWCR... I'm going to probably hook up with him in New Orleans next year...

Back to this if Ron can change his attitude and stop calling other people liars and just stay away and not entertaining the garbage and just focus in and stay that way he will win.. And once that happens he would need to just stay focused.. I think that's going to be tough but if he really wants it... It can happen.

John I think I'll just say thanks. Hope your feeling better, get some rest.

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

You see its pretty easy, your guys are worried about Ron Control. I'm only going to accomplish what you all want. Yes when the BOD/ membership is deadlock I get to make a choice.

Balance is what this is called. Wouldn't dream about any other way.

Good to see we might have a strong oversight committee. You want to head that Thad?

No, thanks.

But I appreciate it.

I should clarify that when I said, "There should be no issue" I meant that no one would question the process, not that tne oversight committee would keep you in line or anything like that. It wasn't a slight, I hope it didn't seem like it.

Ron, is it easy or difficult for you to be open minded and objective, to listen to other ideas without dominating the conversation?

You don't have to answer this aloud, but you need to look inside of yourself. And, can you let the majority on a BOD who may vote opposing what you want, can you let that be the decision and final word? Because it come down to votes. BOD's do business during meetings. The back woods on the phone crap has GOT to stop. You get onto the BOD call, you follow the agenda, you make your motions and vote your items, following Roberts Rules of Order. You record minutes and they are public with a show of how everyone voted and what was discussed. Be ready Ron, because I'll demand it. You say you want the best, well that's a pretty high standard, one I know how to measure and some of us...will hold you to it more than I think you will like.

Don't take this the wrong way. Just consider it.

Beth

Where are the minutes publicly posted at? Would like to review them!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Doug, I'm not sure *****'s are even now, but they SHOULD be. It is an issue that PWNA had in the past that has been corrected. If you go to the PWNA's site you will see they have theirs online now, which I think is a step in the right direction towards transparency. ----> The PWNA Blog

This is a good thing, and the ***** should do it too. I have mentioned to various BODs on the ***** that I felt this way over time. Now during an election is a good time to get buy in from candidate so we as voters know IF it will be an action item, or not.....

Beth

Thanks Beth. Yes I agree. And and I am in agreement all minutes to be posted publicly as well as any phone conferenced bod meetings. Not really interested in PWNA minutes. Was just wanting to review some history of *****.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Doug, if you are running for office you SHOULD be interested in PWNA in my opinion. You are running for VP, which in my thinking should mean you have a very deep desire to help the industry and all those in it. Having said that, it further makes sense that you would want to know about other orgs that benefit the industry: PWNA, IWCA, CETA, WJTA and so on. I would hope that an executive of ***** would be a person who would reach out and dialog with other orgs, seeking guidance and support....not make statements like....

Not really interested in PWNA minutes.

Is there NOTHING to learn from those minutes? Could reading those minutes answer questions that the incoming ***** BOD might face? Is there something to be learned from PWNA history? Of course there is. Not all they have ever done is wrong.

Beth

Edited by Beth n Rod

Beth, at this time I am only interested in familirizing myself with the history of *****. When I saw in an earlier post that you were instructing Ron that "Minutes would be recorded and then posted" I made an assumption that was happening now.

As for other organizations, people and businesses that benefit the industry, yes I agree it does make sense. However, at this time I feel a better use of my time is familirizing myself with the history of the *****.

In fact, my goal is that these organziations, businesses and others will look to the ***** for their guidance and support. In other words, I hope the ***** will set the standard that all others will look too.

Did not mean ANTHING derogatory towards the PWNA by my statement.

I didn't think that you did.

But I do hope you'll see the constructive point I have made.

I have learned much from others who are leaders of other orgs, and not just those I have served on or belonged to.

Knowledge is all around us. Enjoy it. :-)

Beth

The minutes at Pwna is great. Helps also keep accountability on entire staff that's hired as well.

Especially when customer service issues happen.

I thought you had knew about those Doug, those are the same blogs about issues in Houston.

It's a great idea, frank set that site up and they have great skills. Maybe we can hire them to help with implementing this type of 21 st century assurance to ***** if the members choose us to help.

Guy, Mike, Charles, Doug, John O., Ron, Bill, Randy and the other nominees I forgot to list, I have a question for you.

Many years ago, Oh 6 or 7 anyway, another industry org took some flack because of BOD members engaged in business other than contract cleaning were sitting on the B0D. At that time there were some BOD members that I believe (and I may be wrong) were selling equipment and /or educational classes. Many thought that something wasnt right with the process and that the were some conflicts of interest.

Given the fact that the ***** has loosened their membership requirements (and I for one am glad that they did), we now have the situation where any mix of BOD members could be seated and perception may exist or has the potential to exist that the BOD Lacks transparency.

Lets use myself for erxample, I own a distributorship, a contract cleaning company, an educational services DBA, and have a partner that I promote the Pressure Washing Seminar. Under the guidelines, if I am correct, as long as the annual sales of the distributor sales do not exceed that of the contract cleaning company, I (and any other contract cleaner with dual businesses) am eligible for a BOD seat, or any of the Executive seats on the BOD.

Could each of you chime in and briefly give your thoughts on this and what you would do as a BOD member to maintain the sense of fairness and transparency as they both would pertain to a BOD Members and the ***** as an organization representing and speaking as our collective voice in the industry while having the potential of distributors in that role.

Could you provide us with some insight on how you would prevent this from happening from the BOD seat perspective that you are running for.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I will all of you well with the elections.

Best Regards,

Matt

Integrity , one word Matt.

I think having 9 actual honest people with high morals prevents impropriety from occurring.

Can nine men transpire and evil plan ? Yes perhaps they could.

For some in this industry it's just hard to understand for some why men have a passion to serve. Once you have opened your heart to the process and buy into it the return is great. I'm not talking financial rewards, I'm talking about knowing you helped another person a success.

In the traditional sense will have a committee that checks in on the bod.

I'm open to fully recorded meeting and public ones if the state and bylaws allow.

There's nothing in the ***** that's going to be a secret.

I think in the past these meeting have frankly been closed because no ones really doing anything. ( not talking about current *****) the industry as a whole.

I can't see any business other than conduct issues being private from general membership.

Each bod has a vote, the integrity of nine men making choices to move the industry forward with integrity.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

Guy, Mike, Charles, Doug, John O., Ron, Bill, Randy and the other nominees I forgot to list, I have a question for you.Many years ago, Oh 6 or 7 anyway, another industry org took some flack because of BOD members engaged in business other than contract cleaning were sitting on the B0D. At that time there were some BOD members that I believe (and I may be wrong) were selling equipment and /or educational classes. Many thought that something wasnt right with the process and that the were some conflicts of interest.Given the fact that the ***** has loosened their membership requirements (and I for one am glad that they did), we now have the situation where any mix of BOD members could be seated and perception may exist or has the potential to exist that the BOD Lacks transparency. Lets use myself for erxample, I own a distributorship, a contract cleaning company, an educational services DBA, and have a partner that I promote the Pressure Washing Seminar. Under the guidelines, if I am correct, as long as the annual sales of the distributor sales do not exceed that of the contract cleaning company, I (and any other contract cleaner with dual businesses) am eligible for a BOD seat, or any of the Executive seats on the BOD.Could each of you chime in and briefly give your thoughts on this and what you would do as a BOD member to maintain the sense of fairness and transparency as they both would pertain to a BOD Members and the ***** as an organization representing and speaking as our collective voice in the industry while having the potential of distributors in that role.Could you provide us with some insight on how you would prevent this from happening from the BOD seat perspective that you are running for.Thanks for taking the time to respond and I will all of you well with the elections.Best Regards,Matt
Great Question Matt, First off, I echo what Ron said about integrity. But I will also add one more word, and that is "accountability". I am accountable to my fellow BOD members, and I am also accountable to ALL members of the *****. We have 9 people that are going be on this board, everything is going to be out in the open, as Ron has told us (nominees) over and over and will demand it. Everyone is going to hold each other accountable for what we do and say. No one wants to be part of anything negative. Lastly I'll leave you with a saying I heard many years ago, and I don't mean to turn religious on anyone but it goes like this..."If I take care of my CHARACTER, God is gonna take care of my REPUTATION." And I firmly believe this.Doug

Guy, Mike, Charles, Doug, John O., Ron, Bill, Randy and the other nominees I forgot to list, I have a question for you.

Many years ago, Oh 6 or 7 anyway, another industry org took some flack because of BOD members engaged in business other than contract cleaning were sitting on the B0D. At that time there were some BOD members that I believe (and I may be wrong) were selling equipment and /or educational classes. Many thought that something wasn't right with the process and that the were some conflicts of interest.

Given the fact that the ***** has loosened their membership requirements (and I for one am glad that they did), we now have the situation where any mix of BOD members could be seated and perception may exist or has the potential to exist that the BOD Lacks transparency.

Lets use myself for example, I own a distributorship, a contract cleaning company, an educational services DBA, and have a partner that I promote the Pressure Washing Seminar. Under the guidelines, if I am correct, as long as the annual sales of the distributor sales do not exceed that of the contract cleaning company, I (and any other contract cleaner with dual businesses) am eligible for a BOD seat, or any of the Executive seats on the BOD.

Could each of you chime in and briefly give your thoughts on this and what you would do as a BOD member to maintain the sense of fairness and transparency as they both would pertain to a BOD Members and the ***** as an organization representing and speaking as our collective voice in the industry while having the potential of distributors in that role.

Could you provide us with some insight on how you would prevent this from happening from the BOD seat perspective that you are running for.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and I will all of you well with the elections.

Best Regards,

Matt

Matt,

Excellent questions. I'll try to answer as best I can. ***** By-Laws prohibit a vendor from serving on the BOD. The definition of a vendor is spelled-out in our By-Laws. Paraphrasing, if the majority of your business involves getting wet, and you join as a contractor, you are a contractor. Based on that, you would be eligible to run for office. (You would get my vote.)

As for BOD meetings, per the By-Laws, they are not open to non-BOD members - unless they are invited. A regular Town Hall-type of meeting would be great. As for the minutes, I personally would not have a problem with posting them on our BBS. I look forward to active committees and discussion of committee activities on our BBS. I would like the Oversight Committee to be peopled ASAP. Active member participation is the best way to achieve transparency.

I hope my response is helpful. As always, my phone is always on.

John

P.S. Any changes to our By-Laws would require a 2/3 of responding members to vote "yes".

I think you have potential Ron. But I think your biggest strength may also be your biggest weakness. My advice, always make sure to take a step back and listen. You are an extremely dynamic highly energetic and forward moving person. But you also have a tendency to do things your way. This is my only concern. This is why I say, make sure you always take a step back, listen, consider and realize it won't always be done your way. I mean no offense. I have known you for years. I have seen you do many different things and sometimes that has sent mixed signals to the industry. Your wanting to step into this roll means that some of that has to change. You'll have to follow Roberts Rules of Order, etc. Now maybe my concerns are for naught. Hopefully they are. Hopefully you do a bang up job. Just remember, it's a different hat you'll be wearing.

I do support you, and wish you the best. Good luck.

Beth

Great Question Matt, First off, I echo what Ron said about integrity. But I will also add one more word, and that is "accountability". I am accountable to my fellow BOD members, and I am also accountable to ALL members of the *****. We have 9 people that are going be on this board, everything is going to be out in the open, as Ron has told us (nominees) over and over and will demand it. Everyone is going to hold each other accountable for what we do and say. No one wants to be part of anything negative. Lastly I'll leave you with a saying I heard many years ago, and I don't mean to turn religious on anyone but it goes like this..."If I take care of my CHARACTER, God is gonna take care of my REPUTATION." And I firmly believe this.Doug

Doug, Thanks for your response. This is an exciting time for the industry and the 9 people who will be charged with moving the org forward. I dont know you personally and I get a sense that you are a straight shooting, no nonsense type guy, as I do with many others on the ballot.

What are your thoughts on a seated BOD member speaking positively and publicly about a vendor they use or a BBS that they like and so forth. Do you feel that it is appropriate to have the BOD title in the avatar or signature line when doing so? These questions are generated from history of the industry and how it integrates with organizations over the years.

Thanks Beth Please Watch My video

I think you have potential Ron. But I think your biggest strength may also be your biggest weakness. My advice, always make sure to take a step back and listen. You are an extremely dynamic highly energetic and forward moving person. But you also have a tendency to do things your way. This is my only concern. This is why I say, make sure you always take a step back, listen, consider and realize it won't always be done your way. I mean no offense. I have known you for years. I have seen you do many different things and sometimes that has sent mixed signals to the industry. Your wanting to step into this roll means that some of that has to change. You'll have to follow Roberts Rules of Order, etc. Now maybe my concerns are for naught. Hopefully they are. Hopefully you do a bang up job. Just remember, it's a different hat you'll be wearing.

I do support you, and wish you the best. Good luck.

Beth

If anything, we (*****) are suppose to learn from our mistakes, and there have been quite a few, and that's cool.

I read once that the definition of "Insanity" is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. I can see this now with how the ***** was run. Now it's time for a change.

We have got to have smart on the ball successful business people joining the ***** and in leadership roles. Some are Contractors, and some are Contractors owning other businesses to add revenue streams. This should or will be addressed soon.

The thought of by/for Contractor is just that... A great thought. I think all will agree that your average run of the mill Contractor has no idea or the time to run this Org. History cannot repeat itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alot of positive post here. There all good points. I learned alot as a BOD when I first came on and Beth was already there. If it wasn't for the misfiring which seems to happen within Beth would've and could've been the first female president of the PWNA. That was a golden opportunity for the PWNA to have gone that direction but the implosion sent it down a different path. If you cared about that org. You can only wonder how much further along they would've been all these years later.

You can learn a ton from people with experience in these positions from industry related orgs and of course outside org's. Don't be foolish and run like a blind man. I learned alot in a short period of time from Jim Grady who's an ex IWCA president and still to me one of the most respected person in the BOD business where he didn't have many who disliked him and alot who believed in him. His character is aces.

You can learn from these people on what works and what doesn't so you can avoid it. It looks like from the post I've been reading that Ron is learning a little more each day how these non profits work. He really appears that he's listening and learning which shows that he's smart and he's driven.. Yes no ones perfect and anyone can fall off the wagon but now the stakes go up.. If this works like the way I think Ron can see it working then Ron will never again have to go defending anything because he backed it up....and Ron if your reading this... The ones that really knew you for years where hoping you can get to this point.. And to be honest... Especially after the last couple of years I thought it just wasnt in you to bother with a non profit..

Keep proving me and many others wrong because where in the perfect position thanks to you. We benefit if your right and stay on track... And we lose nothing if you don't because what was left with the ***** anyway besides broken dreams of what could have been.

You got to love to be in a no lose situation.. No sweat, no tears, no pressure. But Ron and his board or should I say our Board, they do it right.... We win.

Time will tell.

Thanks Beth Please Watch My video

Hey Ron you better run the day I ever start doing video's..lol. Never have to worry about that. I really enjoyed that video. My father also had 3 business partners and to this day he is still teaching me lessons but him and I are different in so many ways where I can do things for nothing in the business world where my DAD would never do that.

But your right we all are prone to make mistakes and it's how we handle them that will set us apart. I am amazed at the way your speeding up in your thought process here. Your learning quick. Your not being a lightening rod of mass destruction(OK a little much).. but think of this Ron for one second. Let's say your taking a promotional exam to move up in the Police Dep't and you stumble across the Law questions and especially the court questions. If you don't know them you can't figure them out because there set in stone. Example how many feet away must you be able to see the headlight on a motorcycle on a clear day.. The answer is 300' in NY. You can't guess it.. You have to know it.

With that said you can have a business plan to skyrocket this org but you have to know how non profits work...or that skyrocket will suddenly come back and crash into earth.. Your a smart guy and you need to grasp how the workings of these type orgs work. You can't make it up even if your ideas are better.. Learn them Ron..... There not hard. Get your board members to study them. One thing that Everett Abrams did was tell us where to buy the Robert Rules of order book and now with the net the way it is you can just study it on your I-pod.

Get that down and there will be no stopping this org over something so tiny but over looked.. That can't happen when you know how these non profits work.. There a set proven formula.. Once you have that mindset... Now you can reach for the sky... That is all I've been saying all along.

To make this easier you have a ton of baseball knowledge and you coached with some really good playing kids. How stuck in the mud would you have been if you never knew the rules of the game.... Well it's the same here Ron... And all I do is preach this on some bb's because I really want you to get this and grasp it.. Your to smart not to.. And you can do it. No one will give you a hard time now except for a few moans and groans.. Once you and the board grasp it... They will move at possibly great neck speed but that all depends on how efficient they become.... And you Ron can now do other non profits also with great success.

And the Money in these things are unbelievable. (not talking about hospital non profits etc..only business) the chairmen can make millions and his members are making tons of money and they can employ many and also help out other causes(I think..still checking on that one).

If you can figure this out then maybe down the road outside of Powerwashing this time I'll extend a visit to you and show you what some others are doing and what some others should be doing. For one thing I still have not entertained the Michael J. fox Foundation on an invite to explain a few things... Linda knows about this since she hooked me up... But it's not what I want to do.. I have different ideas for these org's.. And one of them is almost in place already..

Just be smart all the way thru and thicken your skin...not your arteries(k bad joke).

Good luck.

Am I correct in the conclusion that the oversight committee (consisting of contractor members appointed by the BOD) have the right and duty to sit in silently and observe BOD meetings and discussions?

Also, the executive committee consists of the 4 executive Bod's PLUS three members of the oversight committee to observe silently.

If that is the case the days of private BOD meetings should come to an end. Or am I misreading this?