Sign in to follow this  
Ron Musgraves

I'm running for UAMCC President!!! Ask Questions here

Question

74 answers to this question

Ron,

the people that know you, won't have many questions..

that's why you'll be a great Pres..

You put answers before questions.

Coaching is a great way to teach and lead.. everyone has more fun !

Only someone that already runs a "turn-Key" business also has time for that.

You have LOTS of success and knowledge to share.

Anyone with a positive attitude can already see this in the posts you've placed in these blogs over the many years.

As we live in an "addictive society".. you seem to be addicted to coaching.

Lead ON brother-man !

Thanks Jerry Lets Rock and Roll

Ron,

Anyone with a positive attitude can already see this in the posts you've placed in these blogs over the many years.

Lead ON brother-man !

Ron,

Lead ON brother-man !

That's a great and accurate description Jerry.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ok Ron, I have a question for you.

Why?

What do you hope to do with the org?

How well can you work with a board to get consensus on things that need to be done?

Why now?

Are you going to hire an editor for your posts?

Any org business someone will re-write my documents. Just like in my business I have staff that see my punctuation is correct. Posting on and Internet bbs I'm going to just be the same guy I have always been. Most pw guys are not road scholars or liberal arts majors.

I think my ability to spell or writes not going to hinder my ability to serve my fellow contractors. It's a weakness I know and when I need help I'll get someone to assist.

No press release from the bod will go out to members without approval steps of editing. Everyone can make mistakes no matter how well you may think you write.

Speaking of mess have you read the website? I stopped reading after a few paragraphs so much incorrect things that even I saw it.

I was wondering who might have done that, no one person if I'm president will control any of that. Systems and procedures need implemented so the industry can raise the standards.

Does roger own a tie? If I'm in charge the entire bod and committee members will photo in formal attire.

Bod members will have to travel at the start on there own dime. I plan on representation at the world of concrete in jan and apartment show in feb.

The bod I have assembled and understand that we are going to move and not stop moving. It's not going to be like the past.

Ron ********** text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

CIMG0271-1-1-1.jpg

ok Ron, I have a question for you.

Why?

What do you hope to do with the org?

How well can you work with a board to get consensus on things that need to be done?

Why now?

Florida027.jpg

Jon, because our industry has been in the stone ages. When the last time you heard anyone get a job because of any org ? Simple through our mutual efforts at NCE we have exploded the paver sealing industry privately with Sealnlock. Your efforts and relations started all that, I don't forget things Jon. 2008 you brought Rich and his guys running through the door along with Richy Jr. with a check waiving about how much they made. Jon we as people and comrades just do not do enough to promote our own industry. Paver sealing industry grew and so did Jon's business. 48d0aa61-1526-84d1.jpg48d0aa61-1405-d94a.jpgIt in-fact has not hurt you but has put you on the top of the heap in paver sealing. Guys at the Phoenix meeting know you and people from around the country call you to get referrals.

I hope to make a place all contractors can accomplish what we have done. So the industry can grow and flourish for those who have worked hard like yourself. Assist the leaders like you grow and make more money leading the way and stay at the top separating you from the rest.

How can you help? Easy just ask us what you want, I plan on having a request form for all members to ask directly to the BOD. We will have a review for all ideas and possibly ask the member help make there needs a reality.

We as business people ask our customers from time to time how we are doing and if there's anyway we can better our service. As president i will listen not just pretend, but like you gave me your honest answer I will shoot straight with each member, not everyones suggestions will be able to do. The ones the entire Bod thinks are valuable we will move on. One day maybe with the money resources we can make the majority happy. Right now we are limited and thats the reality.

This org will have a paver sealing and restorations program If your wondering. I was hoping you actually could help? maybe in the future when your ready we will get your support because your my number one choice. Its not a secret i reached out to you the other day for this, I truly appreciate your candor for thinking I'm nuts and why spoil the good things i have already done and able to do on my own. You see i don't see being president stopping me from moving forward i see it as this might speed up the evolution of this entire industry moving forward.

The industry has gotten better and people are writing and educated customers and contractors much better than they where five years ago.

I plan in giving all contractors a questioner to fill out. We as leaders will read these and come up with a game plan to make suggestions reality.

Edited by Ron Musgraves

So.........the "new" ***** is going to be a dictatorship? Ron's way or the highway?

And I guess if BOD shots are only from the top up - you're good but frankly I expect professional attire to include PANTS.

Any org business someone will re-write my documents. Just like in my business I have staff that see my punctuation is correct. Posting on and Internet bbs I'm going to just be the same guy I have always been. Most pw guys are not road scholars or liberal arts majors. No, but people who HIRE pw guys could be influenced by posts and they should be easy to understand and correct.

I think my ability to spell or writes not going to hinder my ability to serve my fellow contractors. It's a weakness I know and when I need help I'll get someone to assist.

No press release from the bod will go out to members without approval steps of editing. Everyone can make mistakes no matter how well you may think you write.

Speaking of mess have you read the website? I stopped reading after a few paragraphs so much incorrect things that even I saw it.

I was wondering who might have done that, no one person if I'm president will control any of that. Systems and procedures need implemented so the industry can raise the standards. Are you planning on choosing all of those people as well?

Does roger own a tie? If I'm in charge the entire bod and committee members will photo in formal attire.

Bod members will have to travel at the start on there own dime. I plan on representation at the world of concrete in jan and apartment show in feb. So.....when is your iternary going to be published - and if all contractors don't show - are you going to punish them somehow?

The bod I have assembled and understand that we are going to move and not stop moving. It's not going to be like the past.

Last I checked - THE MEMBERSHIP ELECTS WHO THEY WANT TO REPRESENT THEM - the President only gets to appoint if there is a vacancy.

You asked for questions - here are some.

Last I checked - THE MEMBERSHIP ELECTS WHO THEY WANT TO REPRESENT THEM - the President only gets to appoint if there is a vacancy.

DING DING DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!

Ron, if you run and get elected, you do realize I hope that you are just one person, and that the group input and decisions via vote are not going to all be in agreement wit you. You do realize that you can't just load the BOD with who you want to serve. I would hope you remember when PWNA had a problem with a bully/dictator at the post of president. Forgive me, but you have such a strong "my way or the high way" personality that I can see your hard work becoming obsessive and taking you down the same path. How can you convince us otherwise that after seeing years of these types of your posts and many phone calls, that it will not be this way? Just asking.

Beth

Too early for puns, Celeste!

:p

Ron is very driven (some would say pushy) but he doesn't even get a vote on anything unless the board is tied. And there shouldn't be any issue as long as the Oversight Committee is doing their job.

Who is running for Oversight Committee?

See here's the thing....diversity on a BOD is a good thing, it brings different points of view and ideas. It would seem harmful to me to have a BOD front loaded with people who are all like minded and who are all selected by a person in charge. We need to have enough contractors on the ballot to be able to have a choice in who we select as MEMBERS....

None of this back alley - on the phone - I'll load the BOD the way I want to stuff. And don't think for a minute it can't happen. Or worse, that this is not part of a bigger plan.

Beth

Charlie,

I would have to think about that long and hard. I put in YEARS with PWNA. I saw things that disgusted me, that have since been fixed. All I will say, is I see similar things and I am not signing up for abuse - which is what I got last time in spades. In my final year I logged over 1,000 volunteer hours - in one year. I don't have that luxury. I also will not make the mistake again of letting myself be bashed....in great part by those who claim to be in it for the greater good. It's just not all it seems.

Beth

Charlie,

I would have to think about that long and hard. I put in YEARS with PWNA. I saw things that disgusted me, that have since been fixed. All I will say, is I see similar things and I am not signing up for abuse - which is what I got last time in spades. In my final year I logged over 1,000 volunteer hours - in one year. I don't have that luxury. I also will not make the mistake again of letting myself be bashed....in great part by those who claim to be in it for the greater good. It's just not all it seems.

Beth

I can definitely respect that and I thank you very much for that service to the industry. And per your previous post to my knowledge so far the nominees I've seen are concerned first and foremost with the industry and the membership so becoming a rubber stamp is unlikely. But at the end of the day the only assurance for people who think Ron will destroy life as we know it is if we get those diverse opinions nominated and willing to serve. We can only vote for those who are nominated and have accepted so if Ron's opposition (if I may call it that) has no one in that position to run they have no one to blame but themselves.

I'm the biggest cynic of all so I realize my serious commentary is less than convincing at times but to Beth and Celeste, I've learned more from you guys than anyone else around probably. Especially since my focus is 100% wood. And both of you are all about industry and networking and have an amazing track record of doing so. So what I don't understand right now is the commentary that does nothing for those who want to see the ***** lifted from the grave. I can't imagine it benefits anyone to have the PWNA as the sole voice of the industry. ***** at this current moment is all but dead, I'd written it off months ago. So now finally someone comes along (like him personally or not) who has the leadership skillset (maybe thats the argument? Idk) but anyway you've got Ron who has the connections, the background, the history in the industry who recognizes the threat with there only being one org and has offered to go ahead and put in a term. So people see this as a light. Basically the bulb of the ***** was broken before.

So now we have a chance to get some new light or a lightbulb. Maybe the Ron lightbulb is a flashlight that is really dim and it uses those crappy batteries from walmart that die after 3 months. Maybe the Ron lightbulb is like an old time camera flash and it gets super hot and bright and goes off and fizzles out. Or maybe the lightbulb is just a regular old 60watt that goes for a year or two years and we all say, eh ok it was a nice cool light. Or maybe we have to use those crappy government CFL lightbulbs that take a long time to warm up before they turn on. NOW, all of those options are nothing great, but worst case it leaves you no worse off than we were before.

BUTTTT!!!!

OR!!!!

WHATIF??!!? What if, the Ron lightbulb is that ONE dag'on bulb in the Christmas tree that you spend all month looking for because you HAVE to find it or the tree will stay dark. Hell, it could be the loose bulb, it could be the stupid bulb, it could be the bulb thats the wrong size BUT in that LONG LONG strand of lights you finally put in the right bulb and SUDDENLY the entire strand of 300 lights (members) goes ON!!! And THEN that one bulb isn't the end of the world and it doesn't ruin the entire tree, and the tree as a whole is a beautiful thing!

Edited by bigchaz

Celeste, I admittedly do not have the experience or what I consider the appropriate amount of time to devote to what I think a strong BOD member should have. And I would absolutely love to vote for Roger which I think geographically works well for me of course.

What I have offered is my time and limited talents to improve some of the administrative issues that bother me because i'm OCD and i like organization. Member lists, dues reminders, mailing certificates, getting everyone on the contractor directory. No one likes to do that stuff but I've got 3 months coming up at the very least I sit down for a few days and knock it out.

However I'm off the church now and I already have a tie on, so I'm ready if need be. Vote for Ron haha!

post-2382-137772409474_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigchaz
picture

Have you been nominated Charlie? I did see you listed on Ron's Dream Team.

Celeste since we know others will be running the list will be waiting to nominate. There are four people on the list that are running regardless of who shows up to run.

The list is a great bunch of guys , some of them I called and others called me. Actually I have 30 more who said they would assist.

It's like people want things done them when someone does something it's all about corruption.

A master plan!! Lol😱

Yes I have ideas and things I will do as the leader of this org. If your intentions are to stop progress and that's why you want to serve bad idea.

I'm going to move and shake this industry up for the good of contractors. That's what my past record has shown, my future record will show more.

I seen you joined up Celeste , hope you and Roger the best and hope together we can work with you and the PWNC ***** to better the industry one contractor member at a time.

Nice analogy Charlie and in a perfect world that would work. I've known Ron for years and we get along. Just the last year or so we got sick of each other for many reasons but we still talk and argue...but since he's finally committed to something like this... You may noticed we stopped. You have to know the history with Ron to understand why some of us past volunteers and Ron tangled. I'm glad Ron's going for it.

What Ron is going to find out if he becomes the Pres. Of the ***** is that there will be around 8-9 or so BOD's in there that all are business owners. Business owners in general have bigger ego's then most because for a lack of a better term they are "The Man" and the buck stops with them in there business. These are highly motivated individuals.

So that's why in a Non Profits the Bylaws are golden. You try to circumvent them...your house of cards crashes every time. If you follow them and stay motivated like Ron can....the ***** will flourish. When new idea's come up someone makes a motion about it. All minutes are recorded and available to there membership. It sounds hard but it's relatively pretty easy.

What's hard is if you get a dominate personality in there who takes the "My way or the highway approach" they'll be chewed up in there even if they are successful because once again it comes back to the bylaws. One or 2 of the BOD'S can be super motivated to become top dog or even a member can get motivated to target the Pres and look to get him out... And the Bylaws will do that.... Why? Because non profits get amongst other things tax breaks and if you all look the other way.. You all could he held accountable. One of the first things the BOD's should look to do is get bonded so there somewhat protected.

It's not hard and Non profits if done right with a good leader and it's Board they should take off like a rocket ship. Ron will become the face of the org. And all eyes will be on him...and if you have any enemies because of jealousy or whatever or you have a super motivated business owner who see's an opening even if the org. Is now a 1000 people strong.. Dont' follow the Bylaws... They'll take down the leader and if they want they could also decimate the org.

Non profits are great...just do it right and non profits are all of ours, Not any one individual and many will be motivated. If you want to work for one individual you get hired by there company...not a non profit.