Sign in to follow this  
jtbshaw

Most powerful pressure washer

Hello Pros,

Just wondering what you all may have seen available over the years. When I say most powerful, I am asking what is the most powerful (both HP and GPM/PSI) any of you have ever seen? Multiple pumps, hot water/burner(s), cost.....it doesn't matter, just preferably what is available currently. Let me know what you may have seen or read about.

Thanks.

Hmm.. I remember my first Diesel.. in 1987..

a dual-pump 12@3500 with dual heaters.. (115 volt )..

I learned the customer ' preference to a Lister Diesel.. was CRAzy..

..you can't have fillings in your teeth and stand next to one.

My last diesel was a 35hp Vanguard TurboDiesel..

sweet running at 6gpm@6000psi and a few trailered 24gpm @ 2000 psi wash-down systems that went to Hawaii.

Several quotes are out on diesel-diesel 12-4000 w/ dual heaters..

Edited by Jerry
sp.

Most powerful pressure washers fall also into the ultra-high pressure category with psi of 20,000+

Rod!~

There was an article in cleaner times years ago about these machines, I think the company was using the to blast off the rubber build up off of runways at airports

Mathew Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aqua Blast does a great job with those 10kpsi + units

That gets you into the coatings removal business,

..and "Turtle Skins" for sure.

Vax Jet Trucks are used for runways and other issues.

They can get up to 10k and over 10 GPM. They include filtration at about 250k or a 6k monthly lease at the time I looked at them. Here is a PDF file. For those who want to learn basic filtration, take a look... LEARN, then go and build it and make some money.

http://www.vactor.com/pdf/00075Vaxjet.pdf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18127[/ATTACH]

I have also seen water jets at 40,000 psi as a means of cutting through concrete and steel.

Water is powerful !

A friend of mind works for Gardner Denver water blaster's in Houston Texas,he has built some powerful machines.425 horsepower cat turbo diesel engine 40,000 psi/292gpm

A friend of mind works for Gardner Denver water blaster's in Houston Texas,he has built some powerful machines.425 horsepower cat turbo diesel engine 40,000 psi/292gpm
I could do a lot of houses fast with that.

I think a fire truck pumps about 1,500GPM, not much pressure... and absolutely no filtration system.

Bet they do a fine job "cleaning".

Some of the trucks at BFD were equiped with 500 gallon tanks. You had better have made the hydrant going in, or the hoseman (me) was out of water

Wow! Thanks for all the great info everyone.

What if there was an affordable option out there for something the size of a standard hot water skid model that would have the capacity to run several pumps at once (the amount of pumps would depend on the psi/gpm of the pumps), and would pump hot water without the use of a burner. The unit would have somewhere in the neighborhood of 250hp. Could any of you make use of this kind of setup?

It's a series of things that I am working on. I can't really explain it at the moment as I am seeking patent protection.

Also, this is not any kind of solicitation. This kind of unit is not for sale, I'm simply asking for information in regards to highest amount of HP anyone has ever seen along with # or capaicity of pump(s) on the rig. That's all.

Again, this is not a for sale thread, just asking what anyone has ever seen out there.

It's a series of things that I am working on. I can't really explain it at the moment as I am seeking patent protection.

Also, this is not any kind of solicitation. This kind of unit is not for sale, I'm simply asking for information in regards to highest amount of HP anyone has ever seen along with # or capaicity of pump(s) on the rig. That's all.

Again, this is not a for sale thread, just asking what anyone has ever seen out there.

I wouldn't worry about what's been seen. Just think about the practical uses! What problem are you trying to solve?

I think someone posted a craigslist add for a motorcycle that had been converted to a pressure washer... It was a neat toy that I'm sure someone had fun putting together, but not all that practical. Sure, it operated, but it didn't solve a problem that existed prior.

I'd consider the job to be done before you design the machine!