Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Tiered Housewash Pricing?

Question

Ok, I have posted on here about the labor intensive process I go through when beautifying a residential property. Up here there is not much competition, and for a 4000 sq ft house you can expect about $700-$800. For me this includes gutters scrubbed outside and all debris cleaned out. Also I use a two step process on most houses with a bleach/caustic followed by an acid because many of the houses are a mix of stone and siding or dryvit. If there are statues or fountains on the property I do them as well. I also include walkways and small patios. All the screens are also removed from the windows so the channels can drain and my helper can apply brightener to them. Every window is also brushed and squeeg'd. No stone is left unturned and I have never even browned a plant let alone kiled one. I am very proud of my work and it is a complete labor of love for me.

If you're wondering why I am going on and on it is because I know there are going to be customers that are not willing to pay for this kind of thoroughness. I am pondering offering levels of cleaning.. Silver, Gold, and Platinum perhaps.

Example of platinum would be the above. Silver might be a one step chemical cleaning process, Xjet only, no gutter scrubbing, no extras included. My thinking is this...

You can advertise the silver cleaning then have a chance to upsell. The customer doesn't have to accept the platinum as I make equal profit margin from either process. Its not bait and switch just gives the customer a choice. What do you think? I think its win/win

3 answers to this question

In a word?

Yes. People do this now with deck care. Many will price out two or three option for the owner, such as offering a lower end sealer, or offering a higher end sealer.

I once saw a compeditor's sheet and it had three choices and they were so bold as to say on the first two that they washed only with water and high pressure, then brightened with oxylic, and in the description were the words "will cause damage". Only the high priced option didn't use those words. Gee, which one were they pushing?

But to get back on track you can do what you are asking about (without the colorful verbiage) and you will probably win more business by doing so.

:lgmoneyey

Beth

I use that approach with alot of my services. One example would be driveway cleaning. My base price for driveways only includes pressure washing and chlorine application. For brightening, or certain stain removal, I offer it as an upsale. I do this because none of the other contractors around here do brightening or even atempt to remove rust stains etc. so i offer it as an upsale to help define exactly what it is there getting for there money. A simple marketing trick.