Sign in to follow this  
seymore

Garage Door Restoration

Question

Here are some cedar garage doors that I stripped a failing unknown stain that is probably Sherwin Williams. They were stripped brightened and stained with a custom color of Baker's Gray Away.

post-658-137772440124_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772440136_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772440149_thumb.jpg

post-658-13777244016_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772440172_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Shane,

Real nice job. Like the dark final color of the custom BGA mix. Knotty WRC is one of the best looking woods out there.

Thanks Rick! :cool:

I agree WRC looks so good when it's cleaned has nice stain on it!

Jolly good mate ! Brilliant ! Those blokes must feel peachy.

Oh yeah they were very peachy and didn't know their doors could look like this again! :cool:

... I agree WRC looks so good when it's cleaned has nice stain on it! ...

Shane,

What I meant to point out, Knotty WRC in my eye and taste is a terrific looking wood. Plain high grade clear WRC, at near twice the cost, has little character. Kind of bland IMO.

Knots rock.

Shane,

What I meant to point out, Knotty WRC in my eye and taste is a terrific looking wood. Plain high grade clear WRC, at near twice the cost, has little character. Kind of bland IMO.

Knots rock.

Yeah i agree Rick that's why I hate people putting solids on their garage doors ...

post-658-137772440185_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772440209_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772440222_thumb.jpg

Real nice job. Like the dark final color of the custom BGA mix. Knotty WRC is one of the best looking woods out ther.Too often, we see companies forget to take care of the workers whose efforts and hard work keep things running. It isn’t fair when they endure an injury at the workplace and aren’t properly compensated. Our firm is dedicated to protecting your rights.

Real nice job. Like the dark final color of the custom BGA mix. Knotty WRC is one of the best looking woods out ther.Too often, we see companies forget to take care of the workers whose efforts and hard work keep things running. It isn’t fair when they endure an injury at the workplace and aren’t properly compensated. Our firm is dedicated to protecting your rights.

For some reason I just got this email that this was posted last month...Thanks for the compliment but Please do not spam the TGS or you will be deleted.

Also you need to have a signature forum rules..