Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Candidate Ryan lets down owner of Pressure Washing Company

Question

Paul Ryan Stimulus Funds Requests Show VP Nominee Asked For More Than Previously Reported [READ]

Ryan's success rate in helping out constituents is hard to ascertain. The Huffington Post contacted several, many of who said they didn't end up receiving help. Ronald Andersen is one those constituents. The owner of All Clean Pressure Washing of Wisconsin pursued a contract with the EPA in 2007 to help clean up federal buildings. He got a hand in the matter from Ryan. The congressman wrote a letter to the agency asking it to "carefully review" Andersen's "unsolicited proposal." The EPA did review did review the proposal, and decided to pass. Andersen continues to blame Ryan for not doing more.

"He said he is for small business -- he didn't help nobody in small business," Andersen told The Huffington Post. "He sent me a letter, that's about it. I thought he would help. All he did was give me excuses. ... He didn’t do nothing for me. So I will never vote for him again."

You guys might want to read this.....

Beth

15 answers to this question

Sorry Darlin, my outraged-pissed off meter has been broke for almost 4 years now. That don't even scratch the surface.

Anderson sounds awfully whiney to me...a US Congressman writes a letter on his behalf and he is mad he didn't get the contract? Even if he did get the gig liberals would be whining about cronyism

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ridiculous.

You see a job you want to do, although there is no RFP.

Someone writes you a recommendation lauding your talents.

You submit an unsolicited bid with the recommendation.

Prospect looks over your proposal and decides they don't want or need your service.

You end up mad at the author of the recommendation letter.

WHAT?

Ridiculous.

You see a job you want to do, although there is no RFP.

Someone writes you a recommendation lauding your talents.

You submit an unsolicited bid with the recommendation.

Prospect looks over your proposal and decides they don't want or need your service.

You end up mad at the author of the recommendation letter.

WHAT?

Same thing I was thinking. Ryan at least tried for this guy and that should count for something. Most political figures would never do something like what Ryan did for this guy.

Maybe this thread should be taken down as the title says that Ryan let this guy down but actually he tried to help the guy. The title says one thing but in the article it says another.

This could be seen as bashing Ryan since Ryan did try to do a favor for the guy but without an RFP, that is about the best that could happen.

I am sure that the bbs is not trying to bash Ryan but when you read the title then read the article, this can be seen as an attempt to try to make Ryan look bad and with the proper SEO, thousands out there can see some bad publicity for Ryan which in this case is not fair to him as he did try to help the guy.

Just my opinion.

I agree Russ. But unfortunately the title can only be changed the first 30 minutes after posting. It's a VB thing. I can't even get to it as admin. I tried.

Going after work when there is no RFP is called......cold calling. Period.

Like I said I just found it odd that of all industries, our was the one mentioned.

Beth

It also makes us Powerwashers look bad because we have one of us complaining when Ryan did indeed do something. If you don't like Ryan is one thing but it also makes us look like a bunch of complainers.

But truth be told Beth-- you got this in here for a political point but it doesn't work because It make us guys look bad & Ryan seem like he really cared enough to do something. Are you siding with the complainer in there that Ryan didn't keep his word etc?

Awww! That mean Paul Ryan didn't I use his awesome powers to force the mean Epa to accept the poor, destitute pw'ers contract! What a bad man! im changing my vote right now.

What stupidity. If he had done more, wom how would that story have been written.

'Ryan causes power washers to lose contact to company sending unsolicited bids!'

Seriously! Can't you people find better ways to bash Ryan.

I am just curious, but it seems to me that the thread could be preserved, and the title changed by deleting this thread and posting it again. Of course, there may be another reason that this thread has that title.