Sign in to follow this  
BillBosko

Equipment

Anyone have any thoughts on the best type of equipment to purchase?

Trailer........open/enclosed

Pressure washer..........gpm & pressure

Anything else?

Thanks in advance............Just trying to learn from YOUR mistakes!!

Bill,

What's your target "audience?" Knowing the type of customers you want to service will have a huge influence on the equipment you buy. Also, budget has alot to do with which basket you put your eggs in.

If I had it to do all over again, and had the money to invest, I'd go with a 3000 psi, 5 or 6 gpm machine with hot water ability as a must. I bought one of those Home Depot machines as my first operation and, I'm not saying it was a bad purchasing decision, but they definitely aren't all they claim to be. Depending upon your target work, you can consider surface cleaners, extension wands, sprayers, ladders, the famous Xjet, specialty chemicals, etc. Some won't be necessary for some jobs, others will be indispensible. How about a little more insight into your goals and perhaps we can help you out! And if you're not 100% what you want to do with it, tell us that too. You can find many options out there and avenues to pursue.

Welcome.

Guy's

Just so you all know I am WAY..........and I mean WAY past the home depot machines. I want the best.......I just need to know what the best is, Preferably from a SEASONED pwer. I also want the ability to do anything, anywhere at anytime. As I see it.........If you can be flexible, and have the PROPER equip, you can have an unlimited amount of work.

Belt Drive and at least 5.5 gallons a min. Of course if your doing decks or hoods you wouldnot need that.

Ron, lots of deck guys have that much GPM. We do drop our PSI down by switching tip orifice sizes however...many of us perform multiple cleaning services. Your GPM advice is solid. :groovy: and... a good rinse, is a good thing.

Beth :groovy3:

HA HA! LOL!

Hydrotek all the way. I have 3 and am getting two more at 8GPM.

A 5-6 GPM machine hot water to 200 degrees is the least you'll need. I started with the Hydrotek SS3005VH which is the 4.8gpm at 3000psi. The first time I used one with 3500psi and 5.6 gpm I was amazed at how much faster I could clean. It just ripped. I can't wait for the monsters to come.

Landa surface cleaners

Suttner st-54 wands

M5 X-Jets

Tubular framed trailers (min of 6x12).