Sign in to follow this  
seymore

This is why CRAPPY Behr stains keep me in business!

Question

This deck was a deck that i refinished years ago and maintained every 2 yrs.Then i guess walking through the Depot seeing Behr stains giving un godly warranties they thought to give it a try. Well they were thinking how to get longer than 2 yrs on a semi stain by tying this Behr acrylic crap. The pics you see is how the deck looked like when I did it 3-4 yrs ago and the next pic is the BEhr after 1 yr. This pine decking is very ugly and didn't really brighten up like i want to but I think it will dry up good and i'll have to sand some of that crap i couldn't strip off. I think I got off 90%

The stripper is boosted by the info I found here on TGS so thanks TGS for having all the great wood info!

I'll be staining on Fri ..

post-658-137772446055_thumb.jpg

post-658-13777244601_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772446035_thumb.jpg

post-658-137772446043_thumb.jpg

Edited by seymore

16 answers to this question

MMMMMMMM Behr cake frosting. Bring a spatula to scrape it. lol.

Let us know how that a.f. works with the hydrox. I might give it a try on my project.

Can't wait to see the afters! :-)

Beth

Yeah me too since it's going to be maby 70 Fri but sunny n cool in the mornings.

This was a challenging strip for sure going with only Cedar Dark no Gold and I might use some AC i have on hand for the swings if they match up good with the Cedar Dark I have the Amber and Cedar i'm thinking Amber.

Let us know how that a.f. works with the hydrox. I might give it a try on my project.

I would use it again for sure the marine anti freeze is only $5/gal. its better than the $15 for the reg antifreeze.

- - - Updated - - -

I would use it again for sure the marine anti freeze is only $5/gal. its better than the $15 for the reg antifreeze.

Thanks Jason! :cool:

It's not going to be as dark as the 1st pic as that was stained a couple times when i took that pic.

The strip wasn't perfect and i'll have to sand some areas.

That stuff was like nasty string cheese for the most part stuck allover my pressure washer when i dried.

You need more high pressure hose than 50 ft. Shane. I got some if you want.

You pw is brand new brother. you don't want that cake icing all over it. It's crap like you said.

You need more high pressure hose than 50 ft. Shane. I got some if you want.

You pw is brand new brother. you don't want that cake icing all over it. It's crap like you said.

I had to give her a bath to clean her up she's ok now free of crap....

I was too lazy to hook up my other 50' hose....:biggrin: