Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Favorite comfort food....

Question

15 answers to this question

We just made pulled pork a week ago. Our family is sick of pork made too much! It was great though. Been doing a lot of oriental cooking in the wok . Wife and older son have been making home made sushi which is very good and fun to find ingrediences .

Abalone. The virtual harvesting ban and overpopulation of Ca. seals and sea otters have made this delicacy nearly impossible to enjoy. Just the memory of the exquisite flavor and texture has me salivating on my keyboard.

Seafood gumbo always does it for me! Shrimp,crabmeat, oysters,crawfish tails....I'll also include boiled crawfish with corn,potatoes,mushrooms, and carrots..:cool:

I'm not giving away that i'm cajun am i?

Shane,

Ummm....gumbo! Even for uncouth Yankees, a good gumbo with Gulf shellfish is a definite treat. Worth a trip to La. just to eat!

You just come to Texas and I'll make any cajun dish you want plus you get some of the best BBQ around! :cool:

I also make a mean crawfish Etouffee...You can's beat onions,bell peppers smothered in butter then crawfish tails simmered and served over rice! Potato salad on the side!

You just come to Texas and I'll make any cajun dish you want plus you get some of the best BBQ around! :cool:

I also make a mean crawfish Etouffee...You can's beat onions,bell peppers smothered in butter then crawfish tails simmered and served over rice! Potato salad on the side!

Gosh I'm eating salami on white bread right now and I'm salivating reading Shane's post above:excitement:

- - - Updated - - -

Gosh I'm eating salami on white bread right now and I'm salivating reading Shane's post above:excitement:

John,

Hope it's suprasad. Best thing I ever did was marry a Jersey Italian girl. Never a problem with good food at our table! Pasta with home made gravy tonight, its a wonder that I'm not fat after 25 years.

Can I just say this.....

BACON!!!!!

Beth

I just started adding applewood bacon to my potato salad along with egg,mayo and a hint of mustard. :cool:

Seafood omlette.

Shrimp,bay scallops, crawish and whiting all sauted' in butter and then and mixed with my wifes homeade salsa and flipped into the omlette with melted provlone cheese on top.

Edited by Alexy

Mac and cheese- when my 11 year old sons friends are over this dish is one of thier favorites she makes ( from scratch ). One of the kids is very large for his age and does not stop eating the Mac and cheese and has been caught scraping the bottom of the pan and eating the remains off

other's plates. I call him Mac and cheese boy!

It goes without saying....

Macaroni and cheese....

Beth

Here ya go a pizza of the month at a pizza joint here and if you add bacon and tomatoes it's sooo good!

post-658-137772447657_thumb.jpg