Sign in to follow this  
John T

Do you believe in God??

Question

I believe in God and I get closer to my beliefs everyday....but.. of course being extremely analytical I have some issues that I have to deal with.

So if you don't mind sharing what do you believe in and what doubts do you have?

42 answers to this question

Rick and Brian, Having come from Ohio, why are you all still mired in the nasty weather?!? Loving life and golf year round, Jake PS Rick, Tracking a Lotus out here is good too!

Jake,

I've often wondered myself this winter. East Coaster's with the means often winter in Florida or Arizona, two states that may have the highest density of golf courses in the country.

Tracking cars is also out of synch. Mid March through mid November is the season in this region, which corresponds to the letter our wood restoration business time frame. Maybe I should take up snowshoeing!

My brolaw is in from Alaska . Alaskan's with means winter in Hawaii . Many are heading back now for the winter golf event on the ice and winter fest.

I thought I was going to the masters practice round but have been put on stand by ? I have been replaced by a closer family member a brother with a bad leg. The hope is the leg is really bad in a couple of weeks!

... I thought I was going to the masters practice round but have been put on stand by ? I have been replaced by a closer family member a brother with a bad leg. The hope is the leg is really bad in a couple of weeks!

Diamond Jim,

You lucky dog! Augusta in the spring has to be the most beautiful golf course in the world. In keeping on topic of this thread, find a witch/warlock to put a temporary hurtin' spell on your possible replacement.

Brian,

Unfortunately, you are correct. No amount of witchcraft can improve ones' golf. "Less work and more golf" is the only solution, but difficult to achieve in real life.

Unless you're blessed like Jake Clark. Lives in a near perfect climate for the links, and is not too busy in the stain business during the winter. California does have its charms.

Rick and Brian,

This last weekend we proved you both wrong. At first light, we sacrificed a live chicken and received a blessing from Kenny, a catholic from Hawaii who was second on the tee. All of us went low and enjoyed chicken sandwiches after the round (thanks Louie, the cook). Perhaps Rick, you should give this ritual a try before blasting around the track. I think it is important to note, "you are not totally nuts if it works"!

Diamond Jim, Best of luck for the most beautiful stroll in Golf and may the guy with the bad leg recover nicely in May.

Cheers, Jake

... Diamond Jim, Best of luck for the most beautiful stroll in Golf and may the guy with the bad leg recover nicely in May.

Cheers, Jake

Jake,

Very nicely said, unless one knows the tournament calendar!

Well it's been over 3 years since I posted here.....been so long...forgot my username and registered again (might need to correct that Beth)

Well this a great thread to start.... Definitely believe in God....and i have accepted Jesus Christ

as my Personal Savior

Little gun shy ;)

Ok.. After hearing about Jim Gamble in the hospital since yesterday I'll start a new thread for an uplifting religious quote. Could sure use one. I can't add any because I don't know any-- pretty pathetic:apologetic:

Great topic! Surprised that it was mentioned, I too believe in God and once was in the ministry preaching the gospel as a young man, seen things that made me think. What am I doing this is for, cause I seen things behind the curtain so to speak. That did not agree with me, that I left then came to a age of maturity and realized, what counts is my personal relationship with God for when that days comes, I meet him on judgement day, he not going to ask me how anyone lived their life, but how did I live mine.

So! If you really want to know the truth, get on your knees or however you pray, with a sincere heart and believe me God will reveal himself to you.

Great topic! Surprised that it was mentioned, I too believe in God and once was in the ministry preaching the gospel as a young man, seen things that made me think. What am I doing this is for, cause I seen things behind the curtain so to speak. That did not agree with me, that I left then came to a age of maturity and realized, what counts is my personal relationship with God for when that days comes, I meet him on judgement day, he not going to ask me how anyone lived their life, but how did I live mine.

So! If you really want to know the truth, get on your knees or however you pray, with a sincere heart and believe me God will reveal himself to you.

very well put!!!!! Thanks for sharing