Sign in to follow this  
Mathew Johnson

Getting Ready For Spring

What's everyone doing getting ready for the spring rush.

After the seminar next week, we are starting out marketing plan for the spring. We have had a busy winter as we market throughout the whole year, but we increase it for the spring.

We start watching the weather channel. When we see a break in the weather for a few days, we do a mailing to past customers. We time the mailing to hit the mailboxes in the second or third warm day. We get a pretty good response. Sometimes march, sometimes April.

We also have a clipper add that hits in April and a home show the first weekend in April.

All of our print ads start the second week in April, we have tried doing them earlier in past years with poor response .

What are you guys (and girls$ doing?

Mathew Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its exciting to know spring is around the corner. Although for us we are still awaiting the storm coming this Weds.

I had on my list to do this week, to remove the snow plow and spreader. But that is on hold. Nice to make that extra chunk of change going into spring. For us our machines will be serviced to full extent as usual. Sames with the trucks and trailers. I think alot of people forget about the maintenance on trailers.

Our marketing never ends. We just produce more pieces at certain times frames thru the year.

Boooooo snow..lol. Where getting our website finished up, we have mailers going out in about 2 weeks, I'll be servicing the machines all this week and where calling to find out how some of our bids are doing that we put out the last few weeks.

Looking forward to starting our 18th year in this business. I'm still as energetic and excited as the first year I started.

LOL I remember the days I would say booo too. But the snow business has been an extra blessing.

This winter we have put some new systems in place. We have edited and changed many systems. Marketing included. More tracking will make us aware of the new systems we are putting in place. And the old systems that didnt produce we are not and will not be doing anymore. Pretty good stuff. We havent did the numbers for Feb yet but Jan was the best January ever for us.

I don't really do any advertising any more these days, lot of internet and word of mouth leads. Just waiting for warmer weather and we've already got a month worth of decks waiting in the queue. Some people don't realize you can't stain in the winter so they call through january and february and they get booked for March or April. This year is colder than last I was invoicing end of February last year. Still too cold this year

Home shows are firing up (2nd show for the year is this weekend), marketing is hitting the mail boxes starting March 18th onward and maintenance quotes start going out in a couple weeks. We don't market over the winter months at all outside of the website and facebook stuff. Came into this season with a lot of work already in the schedule though. 2012 was a great year - hoping for a even better 2013 :)

I start with deck and garage door maintenances. Met with a deck builder yesterday !!! I sorta have a load of work to start with and just got off the phone with a cedar house clean and then a major restore of a deck. Been trying to get out of wood care for 10 years and will proably do more this year than in the past few? Quoted part of a school today for spring break cleaning.

Whats Irish and comes out in the spring? Pati'O furniture and diamond Jim's pressure cleaning!! Clean the green !I used to do that ad before st paddies day earlier in my day and always did great !!!