Sign in to follow this  
NJWashingGuy

Using Photos for Marketing Campaigns

Are there guys out there using others people work photos for their marketing because they do not have their own??

The reason that I ask that is because if a group of people have or use the same photos and use them in their marketing, customers are going to see widely used photos which will make people aware that they are fake or creating a false impression. In addition to that each photo has a metadata file that usually has gps data, time and date taken info etc. In todays tech savvy world, people can check the metadata content of "your" photo and see that you are being phony. I doubt that this will lead to great results in your selling of work.

I highly recommend that you take the time to take your own photos of your own work so that you can market yourself, your company and your product. If they are yours and your only, there will be no confusion and you can be truthful with your customers. If you live in Florida and are using a photo taken in Arizona, you could get caught with your pants down so to speak. This is aimed especially new contractors. Don't fall into a trap here, the nest benefit you can give yourself is your own work photos. There is no benefit to you in doing this....

I would like to hear others thoughts on this.

Mike,

I agree 100% on this. Too many problems with people using our photos already and I dont allow it. I am not as tech savvy as most and I am the first to say it. But doesnt google recognize when its a photo being used as such? For the price of a camera, or use of your phone, its well worth the hassle of taking your own photos. If you cant then you shouldnt have any. We take photos upon doing the estimate. Theres your before. And its benefit to do this as you can compare houses and possibly research why you did get one house and not another, i.e. did you price one higher, etc.

All of the photos we use are of our own work. We have before, during and afters on every job. in the past we have had to go after people for using our work, and would do it again if needed.

Everyone should use shots of their own work IMO. First of all it is the honest thing to do, and second of all it most accurately represents the services you are capable of performing.

Beth

Are there guys out there using others people work photos for their marketing because they do not have their own??

There is a guy in NJ that stole almost all my content. Even clipped my name off the images. Godaddy was supposed to warn him to remove my content and after a week of excuses and smart mouthed support people.....I moved everything I owned from godaddy. They lost a reseller and host and a customer with over 100 domains over some jackwagon with 1 website.

It's still up....

Edit...I see that's he wasn't happy stealing images from one of my sites, he's grabbed one from a second. Perhaps this was the internet equivalent of flipping me off for asking him to remove my images.

Edited by Cyclone