Sign in to follow this  
desi

length of hose

For those of you who have water tanks on your trucks , what is the length of the hose that connects from house water valve to water tank? Also, how long is your pressure washing line?

I keep 100 feet of supply hose on the reel and 200 feet extra just in case I need it. I vary the amount of pressure hose I have on the reel, but it is a minimum of 100 feet and up to 250 feet.

I carry a total of 350 feet of pressure hose with me, cause "you never know when you might need it"

Also have another 100 feet at home as a back up. Don't even ask me to count my gun and wand collection, it is way up there.

I'm the same as alan, my supply line is 150' long and I carry an extra 150' in each van. Our high pressure lines are 250' for each reel and I we carry an additional 150'.

You never know what your going to end up with some days. I've done decks on townhouses that you have to have 300' of hose to reach. Either that or drag a pull around unit with you.

Hey Alan how many wands, tips and other extra's did you say you had?

I ran 150 feet on reel and I believe 200 or 250 spare, hmm Alan how many did you swipe from me?

Water feed line was 135 to 150 feet. I used 3/4 true industrial hose, not the stuff you find at HD.

Desi one thing you need to keep in mind with pressure hose is that you lose some pressure the longer the hose is but I must confess I forgot the ratio of PSI drop per foot.

150' supply on the trailer, with extra to go as far as 350' if needed. (I have used it all at once believe it or not)

250' on the pressure reel with 150' on standby if needed.

Jon, if memory serves the ratio for pressure drop is approximately 1:1.. that is 100 psi for every 100 feet of hose length. If I'm wrong, someone will fix me..

I've got a two gun rig so what I usually do is use one of my high pressure lines for my shurflow pump and cap off the open port on the regulator. I very rarely use my shurflow pump though, even when I'm doing roofs, I just use pool bleach and an x jet. I'm looking forward to getting the new m5 when the season opens. I didn't see much sense in buying one in the winter.

I do mostly residential work and find that 100' of supply hose is more than enough. I carry an extra 100', but in 3 years, have not needed it. For pressure hose, I have 100' on the rig (small reel) and usually use another 75 that I carry on a spare reel mounted to the trailer fender. 2 - 50' in the van and several hundred more at home.

In the one picture, you can see how where I mounted the extra reel. It is not hooked-up to the machine, I simply unreel it as needed. The second pic shows how the main pressure and supply hose are mounted on the rear of the trailer.

post-106-137772139906_thumb.jpg

post-106-137772139915_thumb.jpg

Hey Alan how many wands, tips and other extra's did you say you had?

I ran 150 feet on reel and I believe 200 or 250 spare, hmm Alan how many did you swipe from me?

I can't count that high, that's why I became a washer. And what's with the swipe comment, you wanted to get everything out of the way.

I bet people were singing the show tune to "Sanford & Son" as I drove home fully loaded on goodies, Thanks again.

I also forgot to mention the 200 feet of vacuum hose, and 100 feet of discharge hose that I carry. I should have named my biz "Hose Man" but it was already taken.