Sign in to follow this  
John T

Powerwashing with snow on the ground

Question

My guys went out this morning and there is a snow covering on the ground. We got about an inch yesterday. Couldn't hold back any longer to open our season maybe because last year we got spoiled opening up 3 weeks earlier.

This weather here bites. Can not wait to be in a vegas next week. You guys in those warmer regions are lucky. Snow bites here except when your a kid with no responsibilities and falling on snow means you will get right back up. Today not so easy.

14 answers to this question

The guys came back. Off to a tough start already. 2 Friggin jobs with house washes and their roofs. To icy out. Rescheduled these Jobs for tomorrow now. Rescheduling already is not a good way to start--bummer.

I havent even started on the residential end. We have plenty to do otherwise. And just ordered a new fat boy yesterday to set up the new truck. So next couple weeks we will be building a new skid with tanks and fat boy on it. Also have to take the plow and salt spreader off the same truck...

Our commercial is more focused than ever. We are not doing any commercial that are on the low end. We have implemented a three strike rule for commercial clients. Our residential end of marketing is ridiculous. We are sending out 2500 EDDM cards twice a week for residential.

The guys came back. Off to a tough start already. 2 Friggin jobs with house washes and their roofs. To icy out. Rescheduled these Jobs for tomorrow now. Rescheduling already is not a good way to start--bummer.

This is why I just prefer to wait...I'm sure I'll lose a few that called early but I'm not garage stored and I'm not going to freeze up my equipment for a few early birds.

Carlos,

You and Jake can just friggin' suck an egg. California, land of the lucky!

Ha....we are waiting for you to come out with that Hot Rod of yours Rick. Pic was taken in Half Moon Bay off The Great Hwy. I am in Santa Barbara/Ventura washing buildings in a week or two......need to pack the swim trucks. You bring the Heineken!!!

post-181-137772452573_thumb.jpg

All you guys should be packing your swim trunks in Vegas next week:)

My residential end is a monster. 18 yrs building it and we have people all week who want stuff cleaned before Easter.

No matter how our commercial end builds up I will never give up my residential end.. Except maybe when I'm dead.

If I get lucky I'll be like "jiminy cricket from pinocchio" who said this about living to 93(I really want to live to 103)

Ha....we are waiting for you to come out with that Hot Rod of yours Rick. Pic was taken in Half Moon Bay off The Great Hwy. I am in Santa Barbara/Ventura washing buildings in a week or two......need to pack the swim trucks. You bring the Heineken!!! ...

Carlos,

Too easy in Ca. Nothing like trying to drive R-compound tires at the limit in 40 F. temps.

Kind of like skiing. The northeast has it's lessons. Hard ones.