Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

How do you destress?

Question

18 answers to this question

Eat good foods with a Good Merlot or Cabernet Wine and a nice fat Cigar and a Cognac Drink afterwords. Then go to the Gym(Golds) the next day to burn it off. THe problem of course is I don't get to the Gym enough but I sure don't miss to many good dinners. Can you see where my priorities are :)

I sit in a chair on the bank & trout fish. If you look real close, you can see my son, in his blue sweatshirt, fishing next to my chair. I was probably napping in that chair shortly after taking this picture.

It also a favorite spot for fly fisherpeople starting at the bridge and going downstream from there.

This is a link to the "resort" directly across the river from my fishing/napping spot.

http://www.swingingbridgeresort.com/

This thread has given me the fever to go. The Browns are spawning and you can catch the big ones in the shoals.

Happy New Year,

Chuck

Cleaner Times Magazine

post-80-137772139963_thumb.jpg

Winter: reading, movies, workingout enough to keep in shape for spring, holiday cooking, hot tubbing if we can stand the temps between the door and the tub. Grilling out if we can stand the temps between the door and the grill.

Spring: gardening, cooking out on the grill, hot tubbing

Summer: gardening, cooking out on the grill, hot tubbing, rading a book in the sunshine

Fall: a little gardening, outdoor holiday decorating, occasional cooking on the grill or in the outdoor deepfryer, hot tubbing

Beth :groovy: :groovy2: :groovy3:

p.s. the bar is between the grill and the hot tub....

playstation, taekwondo, and shooting range.

and nature's oldest natural stress reliever guaranteed to put those seratonin levels right where they ought to be.

Ryan never allow it to wear off either!

GymRat, I done that a few times and still do, guess I will never learn when to keep my mouth shut!

Reed allow me to store your bike here during the winter, I promose to change the oil every 3000 miles!

John T. no comment as you might make a call to my local peace officers association:)

I used to have many outlets, scuba diving, motorcycle riding, 10 speed bike, back packing and winter backpacking in he High Sierra's but now pretty limited in what I am allowed to do so I tend to read more now.

I now enjoy spending time with my grandsons but man that makes me feel "older" then I am.

Target archery.. Several different versions within the sport (no, I don't shoot the olympic kind..I shoot with a compound bow) and I participate in several. Pretty good at it too :cool: I have several robin hooded arrows, but I try not to do that too much because, although it is very cool, it gets very expensive. A bunch of pretty cool trophies and bunches of stories from the road with my family as we have travelled around quite a bit over the years as an archery family. Man I could go on for hours about it.. It's more like a passion than a hobby...

Aside from that..just chillin' w/ Pam & the boys (we have 3) doing honey-do jobs in the yard, bustin' caps at the range, killing bait (my boys call it fishing), camping, or napping on the sofa...

I like to: work in the yard, compete in dart tournaments, watch movies and football (season ending soon, that sucks), spend time with my Fiance, future step daughter, cat and pet squirrel; I love to build things, tinker and fix/improve things around the house. My brother and I took my father out to dinner tonight because today he begins his retirement after 40+ years of hard work. I guess he's begining the permenent destressing process. :lgjump:

Spending a lot of time with the wife and kids..they range from 14 to 27 five of them. and 5 granchildren. But my favorite passtime is going to toysrus and buying toys for the grandkids. Not just any toys but those special ones that come from a grandfather.....like electric motorcycles..lol

Andy