Sign in to follow this  
CCPC

fishing for hotwater recomendations

I'm planning on putting together a new rig in a few months and was hoping I could get a little feedback and/or reccomendations on hot water skid mounts. I'm looking for somthing in the 6gpm range. Also, if anyone knows of a great deal anywhere please include the details. I very much appreciate the help, thanks.

Lance,

We are partial to our Largo machine.I agree with Alan get the 120v burner we have had ZERO trouble out of ours.You can order the machine to suit your needs(bigger pump or what ever you want).Their website is down so you can't look at what they offer right now,but if you follow the link you can get their 800#.I'm sure they would be happy to send you any info you would need.

http://www.mobileclean.com/

Bling!

yes, 120v burner.

We also have a 12v burner. Not had any problems with either of them but was concerned that the battery was getting alot of wear.

120v systems are great if you also need to plug in for lighting at night.

Rod~

Lance,

We are partial to our Largo machine.I agree with Alan get the 120v burner we have had ZERO trouble out of ours.You can order the machine to suit your needs(bigger pump or what ever you want).Their website is down so you can't look at what they offer right now,but if you follow the link you can get their 800#.I'm sure they would be happy to send you any info you would need.

http://www.mobileclean.com/

Scott, thanks for the link to this company - I'll be looking for a cold water belt drive unit this Spring and was hoping to deal with a nearby company. BTW you can see their hot water skids with this link http://www.mobileclean.com/hotwaterchoice.html - I found my way there by Googling some of their other web pages.

Scott Vickrey

ActiveWood Outdoor Wood Care

Collierville, TN

Scott why only cold water? if you are ever asked to do even one driveway you will wish you bought a hot water rig.

I recommend hot water even if most your work is with cold water and not to say I can always add a hot box, that is not the way to do it.

My other suggestion is buy a trailer to set up your equipment on and buy BIG so you have room to expand and carry extra equipment and supplies, tool box, water tank etc.

The factory trailers for the most part leave no room to expand. Buy the largest GVW your truck can tow.

The two rigs that company sells I personally would not want, nothing good or bad to say but the trailers do not impress me, all that wasted room with long tongues.

What prices are you being quoted by them?

Tried sending Email but you have that function off.

One more suggestion on your web page, show your business Email address.

Thank you Jon. I'm bootstrapping this as a part-time business; this Spring will begin my first "formal" season. I'm not sure general pressure washing is how I want to grow as a business. I have "some" wood care experience from last summer and frankly have much more to learn. A better cold water unit is all I need for wood care. The "Tim Allen (Tooltime)" side of me, able to solve any cleaning problem with hot or cold water, would love to have a rig as your suggesting. As a beginner in a new business, I'm going to play it conservative until I have more customer-service experience.

Thank you for your observations about my web page. It's a placeholder while I work on its replacement. My e-mail address anytime is scott -AT- activewood.com.