Sign in to follow this  
John T

Unbelievable products are just that-- Unbelievable.

Question

Don't you just love new products that come out that promise to be the next new great product?

Here's a product that's probably relatively new http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=4988fdd4d20cc18d4a1c81c3c&id=6dc955de73&e=15e811908c

Look how Unbelievable it is. Just what your customers will think when they see you staining over their "wet" deck-- "Unbelievable!!"

8 answers to this question

John - that's not a hard strip. I know the chemist....

****HINT****

It's the same chemist that developed Wood Tux Wet for Russell Cissell.

Beth

p.s. yes that basically means it IS Wood Tux Wet.....

John - that's not a hard strip. I know the chemist....

****HINT****

It's the same chemist that developed Wood Tux Wet for Russell Cissell.

Beth

p.s. yes that basically means it IS Wood Tux Wet.....

What's your thoughts Beth on using a stain product over wet wood? I can say this, because of the VOC's the stain of the major brands suck here now. My company moves further away from Staining projects (We only stained 2 houses this year down from 6 last year) every year. Maybe these products are the future. What's your thoughts?

... p.s. yes that basically means it IS Wood Tux Wet.....

Beth,

If so, Extreme Solutions and any remaining distributors will have to drop their 5 gal. prices if the word gets out.

Actually, not so sure if this will be a big seller for Home Depot.  Even at the "discount" price of $200 for a 5'er, it is a lot more expensive than their other exterior wood stain offerings.  I would think that the typical H.D. shopper is quite cost-conscious.

Pick up a gallon and try it on some scrap lumber.

My thoughts? Acrylics are not bad.....in some cases.

Beth

I have a problem thinking that "wet on wet" would do a quality job. The way wood could hold more water in some areas more then others makes me think that applying this stain in a more saturated area such as where the deck maybe shady would cause an uneven finish.

I wonder if anyone here on TGS uses "wet on wet" stains and if they recommend them or not.

We have used stuff that does this but only a couple times on truly wet wood. The thing that is nice about it, is if you have a deck that has some morning dew, you can still get the deck done. But for what we use now, well, let's just say we use products that are designed for dry wood application.

Beth

I just don't believe the longevity would be there.

Never used it, just my thoughts. Heard some good things , a few, about wtw in the past, if it's the same dude, then it is probably an acceptable product for some.

Maybe someone here will try ( John ) and let us woodrows know how it works.