Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Passing the torch

Question

Okay, I have been sitting here for a good five minutes trying to figure out how to express what it is I'm going to say. One of the things I have heard from many of you before is "how does she find the time to do it?" I'm not sure I even know the answer to that at times, other than to say you do what you have to do, when you have to do it.

I have something now I need to do. For health reasons, I have decided not to continue on the board of directors for PWNA. Shortly I will be having surgery on my right hand. (and it figures I am right handed) I'm not sure how much things will change as far as how I perform daily tasks in the office, but I need to be prepared for these changes when spring arrives. In other words, I need some of my time back.

I have found my time on the BOD to be challenging and rewarding, and have enjoyed working towards a variety of goals. I will continue to support the organization through moderation and committee work as I am needed, things that take less time and less physical effort for my hand. (I hate the left handed mouse and hunt and peck typing by the way)

I encourage anyone who is thinking about helping PWNA, to help them. There has been quite a bit of growth these last couple of years, and this is a very exciting time for the organization but the BOD can not do it all alone. I encourage anyone who is thinking about joinging PWNA, to talk to people and learn about it, and then make your choice. It's not for everyone, but I do believe it touches both members and non-members alike. If it has touched you positively as a non-member, then why are you not a member? That is my question to you now.

I also want to make it clear that this doesn't mean I am going anywhere, I just have to reprioritize. I will always be available to anyone by phone or email. (although if you email me leave a phone number as there may be times I will have to call back rather than type) I'll be online, as time and conditions allow. (please excuse my typos)

Thank you all for the suport you have given me while I was on the BOD. :cheers:

Beth

25 answers to this question

Beth, your one of the hardest workers I've seen out here. I'm sorry to hear about your hand, but slowing down is probably the best thing for you to do. I'm sure the PWNA will be ok if they can just get a small dna sample so they might be able to clone you? :eek: .... ok maybe thats not a good idea. You & Rod have done a GREAT job with The Grime Scene and I enjoy coming here and being a part of it. I wish you a speedy recovery and I hope you check in when you can, dont worry about the typos.. I'm the king of typos, the worlds fastest 2 finger typer, I think I spend more time editing my post then writing them the first time. Take care of yourself!

Mike

I'm going to have to check out the voice recognition software. Several people have mentioned it to me now. Also thank you for the kind words. I will rest my hand,a nd for a while, I may just be.... a lurker myself. ;)

Beth

Beth,

While working along side with you on the board I can attest that your work ethic is outstanding. Your energy levels are off the charts. I was and still am amazed at how much you can do. Between you owning a business(Contracting and Vending), Running your bulletin board, running the PWNA bulletin board and being a Board Secretary There...while taking care of your family and having both of your kids on the honor role just shows what type of person your are.

I personally want to thank you for all your valuable time donated toward the betterment of the PWNA. Like I expressed to Mike Hughes, the door is never closed there and I look forward to working with you again there whether it be on a committee, as a Board of Director again or whatever position you may end up with.

Thanks again for Volunteering yourself and you will be missed but never forgotten. Godspeed on your recovery with your hand.

Beth,

You will be missed - In the months that I watched before deciding to join the PWNA, you were a key player in our decision. We'll keep you in our prayers for a quick recovery - in the meantime....enjoy your time (brainwise anyway) - it is well deserved:)

Celeste

Beth,

Good luck with everything. I hope your hand heals well and fast. I have been really impressed with your inputs and insights, not to mention I have no idea how you ever keep up with everything. I wish you the best and a happy, healthy recovery and time off.

Craig

Gee thanks John Orr, now I won't hear a darn word Beth says, I could read her typing.

Beth you will heal faster then you think as long as you don't do what your doc says not to do.

Rod needs to keep his eye on you now.

Good Luck with your surgery... Thanks a million for all the help and excellent advise you have posted on this BBS and given me as well. You played a role in the success and growth of my business... as you have done for many others. Your unselfishness and passion for the profession is in a class by itself.

Thank you all. :)

I appreciate it. It seems this thing is spreading and has to get worse (to a certain degree) before they can do what they need to do. It's sounding like surgery will be in the peak of the season....

Beth

Beth,

I have not had the honor of meeting you personally but I feel your spirit in all the post I have read. I think the surgery is GODS way of saying Slow down and all we be ok. Trust in him and let Rod run the business. I will keep you in my prayers and do not go anywhere I am still learning and I need you. Okay. :.)

DeGraffreed

JayCam Pressure Washing

Beth wish you the best, with your operation. Sorry I didn't see this sooner, glad you guys are not going away, then I'd have to find a new supplier.

Come on Summer

Yes its ready and installed, I just voted and replyed to your poll in Snow Plow. Got 1.5" yesterday not enough to work with. They say this weekend maybe more, works for me. That is if you folks up North don't hog it all like ya did last year. Send some my way will ya?

haha

Howard

Yes its ready and installed, I just voted and replyed to your poll in Snow Plow. Got 1.5" yesterday not enough to work with. They say this weekend maybe more, works for me. That is if you folks up North don't hog it all like ya did last year. Send some my way will ya?

Howard, I'll make you a deal, help me find my driveway and you can have all my snow you want! This was my driveway 3 weeks ago.

post-792-137772140078_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!

course in IN you folks are used to heavy snow probably don't get excited till its over a foot deep. Here the 1.5" we got they let out school early, had 2 hour delays this morning. People left work early to get in the 2 hour line to go home. Don't even try to get a loaf of bread or a gallon of Milk. Lord Have Mercy if we get over 5/6 inches, everything shuts down. Course with the maniac drivers we have thats not a bad thing, hard enough for them to drive on a sunny dry day.

So back to your deal, just how much snow is that looks well over 6". jk really how deep is it?

Howard...VERY well put!

I can remember seeing news crew inthe grocery store a few years back in anticipation of snow...it was not snowing yet. People shop like mad and have no clue how to drive in the mess. I have decided that since many of these same idiots run red lights without a care in the world around here, that when it snows I would rather be home making soup or chili or something, . If I really miss the roads, I can turn on the radio and listen to how many cars were in a pile up on the beltway.

Beth:groovy2:

WOW!!!

just how much snow is that looks well over 6". jk really how deep is it?

We had 2 feet of snowfall during that storm. Thats actually record snowfall for a 24 hour period in Indiana. We do get our fair share of snow though. It took me all day to dig ourselves out that day so I could use your blade!

Mike, snowed an inch an hour all day, your a better man than me, I don't like snow that much. We're suppose to get 3 - 6" this weekend maybe if so I'll be busy all weekend long. Take care and don't get lost in all that snow.....