Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Daily Motivation

Question

Thought I would share this with you all. I get this every day via email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUCCESS IS A MATTER OF EXPECTATION.

-----------------------------------------------

You must first expect to succeed if you want to succeed.

When you expect good things to happen,

strangely enough, they will happen.

Expectation energizes your goals and gives them momentum.

Your life will always respond to your outlook, so set your goals high.

The dreams you choose to believe in will come to be.

You can't expect to succeed beyond your wildest expectations

unless you begin with some pretty wild expectations.

-----------------------------------------------

©2003 Written by:MotivationMentor@aol.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Daily Motivation is presented to you by Jack Erwood.

"If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would

literally astonish ourselves." Thomas A. Edison

To learn more ...

http://www.mlmreporter.com/jackerwood

50 answers to this question

"No institution can possibly survive if it needs geniuses or supermen to manage it. It must be organized in such a way as to be able to get along under a leadership composed of average human beings."

- Peter Drucker

Very true....

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

- Mark Twain

A good thought for us all.

My mom said it another way: It is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt!

She also told me the we are born with 2 eyes, 2 ears and 1 mouth. We should use them in proportion to what we are gifted. Watch and listen 2 times as much as you talk, and remeber none of them would be worth paying attention to if they werent connected to your heart.

Rod~

My two favorite quotes (and I tell them to my girl all the time) are:

It could be worse. You could be dead.

and

Smile. If for no other reason than because I told you to.

-- Both by me

My two favorite quotes (and I tell them to my girl all the time) are:

It could be worse. You could be dead.

and

Smile. If for no other reason than because I told you to.

-- Both by me

Are we having preteen/teen girl issues?

It's better to be a smart a$$ than a dumb a$$. One of my favorites and I am proud to say I am the author of it. Came to me during an arbitration I testified in in which I became frustrated and sarcastic, the arbitrator called me on it and that was my response. What memories.

Some words I live by:

• Live each day as it is your last because the future is not guaranteed.

• We often do what is easy when we should be doing what is right. Conquer the sloth within and know the difference.

• Act responsibly and be responsible for your actions. Don't not lay blame! That is the act of transferring responsibility.

• Remember the difference between an experience and an opinion is judgment and the unwillingness to consider any other possibilities.

• Live impeccably. It is the way to peace.

• We are the product of our environment as long as we choose to be. If you suddenly have a mood change, ask yourself; Is this my mood or someone else’s? Awareness keeps you from channeling others energy and becoming subject to its circumstance.

• Don't think lightly, this is already automatic and requires the least effort. Think thoroughly with patience enough to explore any possibility and do so without judgment. This takes effort and discipline to maintain for more than a few minutes at a time. It is becoming known as 'Meditation' these days that we should be doing with full attention on developing compassion and empathy by losing the need for an ego which is an indulgence in the ‘self’’ which negates the whole in favor of the one.

• Knowing your limits is the first step towards breaking them. Breaking them gives you new limits to surpass.

• Remember always: Emotions are a choice. Patience, discipline, respect and responsibility helps to correct a bad one.

• Correct the ones that give the choice to hate by learning not to judge.

• Correct the ones that enable anger by living contentedly with the understanding that no one was put here for your benefit and neither are you for anyone else's.

• Life is the test of discipline over indulgence.

• Consider with wonder that we chose to be here to experience sensations. The test is learning to break the addiction to them.

While they may only be words, it is the attitude we have towards them that determines how they can either effect personal change or strengthen our ignorance.

May they help anyone, they have helped me.

Rod!~

When I was a youngun my grandfather gave me a birthday card with a handwritten note containing these words-

"You won't understand this now, but I hope you keep this until you get older when you will understand better - Life is too short for you to spend it doing something you don't like to do, so find something that you like to do very much, then go figure out a way to be paid for doing it"

Procrastination is like masterbation,in the end you are only f-----g yourself.

If you are going to argue with an idiot,you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

If you learn from your mistake, it was worth it.

If you lend someone twenty bucks and never see them again, it was money well spent.

"I have long held that the greatest tragedy, among countless misfortunes that recur in the long and agonizing human story, is not when evil triumphs over good, or when oppression overcomes freedom, or even the wretched loss of ten billion potential might-have-beens. No, the most devastating defect in our character - a trait that held us down ever since the caves - is the very same twist in our natures that makes us such fine storytellers. I am talking about our incredible penchant for - and creativity at - self-delusion and rationalization. The lengths that we all go to, in order to convince ourselves that we are the smart ones, virtuous and right... often in complete denial of blatant evidence to the contrary."

~ by David Brin

This seems to be timely....

Beth