Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

Repair Services

In maryland, we seem to have a shortage of service centers for repairs on pw'ers.

I have to drive to the next county to get work done.

During the busy season, it is an hour travel time just to and from the center not to mention the time standing in line with all the other pw owners who need service.

Anyone else have this problem?

Rod~

We are good out here. If it is a engine issue then I can take it to at least 4 different places within 5 minutes from us. If it is a pump issue...that's is a whole different story.

So far I have done most of my own repairs. My dealer is about 30 minutes out if I need to go there.

Since they carry many of my washers in stock, I can call and have them pull the parts for me and if it is timed right the owner will deliver them on his way home.

How's that for service!

I also have a local hydraulic shop that i get my hoses repaired at. They carry a handful of suttner parts, so I can get things at the last moment of needed.

I too have that problem, and the closest people to me are sheisters. I needed to replace a worn out popoff valve and needed a few fittings that aren't available at a hardware store, I was in the area so I stopped in to see them. They volunteered to replace the popoff valve for me and adjust it and VOLUNTEERED to put the 3 fittings I bought from them together for me. Then they hand me a $96 dollar bill. $40 for the popoff! $12 for a brass socket QC! $25 for LABOR! Needless to say I raised nine kinds of hell. When I left I told them I was going to start my own pressure washer supply store and put them out of business. The owner drives a jag to work everyday.

Henry, I know about that guy.

And perhaps this is a good example of customer perception based upon my experience with the person you mentioned.

He was a very belittling person who treated me 'a potential client' with a great lack of respect. All I did was ask him if he had a particular sized O'ring for my unloader in which I brought in the part for example. He went off on a rant about how people like me dont know jack about their machines and have no business doing otherwise.

In addition, giving him the benefit of the doubt he was having a bad day, I asked him about bringing in a couple of other machines I needed work on since he was the local Home Depot authorized service center...He had nothing going on in his shop and told me flat out it would be 2-3 weeks.

I dont know what his problem is, but I dont have any confidence in him to do a good job since he didnt do a good job with me as a potential client.

That's why I drive way out to Frederick for McHenry's . They treat my business well.

Rod~

Hey Rod, I can understand your reasoning but I'm suprised at the way he acted also. I've never had a problem with him like that in the past even when I asked him to check my hydrotech rig that I didn't buy from him. He is the guy I mentioned a while back in a post I made about only wanting to buy sealers I can get from more than one source though. Maybe it was a fluke or maybe he's changed his attitude for worse. I've been out to fort Mchenry a few times also testing out some new chems when we ran out of 396. Nice guys and they were quick too. I didn't like their chems as much as the 396 though. I'm planning on buying some of that in bulk this spring so if your still using it maybe we can hook up and get a larger volume at a better price.

Beth and Rod, if you ever consider starting PW repair, I might suggest a great starting point for this repair person is your local Technical College that offers small engine repair. What a great resource and a valuable relationship you can develop.

just my .02 comment

reed

Sounds like he shouldn't have used the wirebrush on it. It probably scratched the protective finish off of it. I had considered adding blind cleaning, but its a considerable startup cost for a mobile ultrasonic unit. I have heard that they work well.