Sign in to follow this  
Applied Pressure Cleaning

work in Orlando, FL. area?

One suggestion is to start passing out flyers in your area...maybe do a deep discounted demo on a weekend so the neighbors can peek over the fence and watch what you are doing.

I have tried passing out flyers in my area and it seems like alot of people just throw them away! Who knows. I also wanted to ask to see if anyone has ever tried signs on the side of the road like the 18X24 or so on? And if so how well did they work for your company? I am seriously looking to invest if it is worth it.

How about magnetic business cards? They tend to get placed on metal surfaces such as fridge doors as opposed to pitched in the trash or becoming litter. Place them where you were placing flyers.

I've also created interest by cold calling on small businesses. My bank is also interested in my services.

paul

From what I understand, Florida is a very tough competitive market. A few factors come into play here. One is your advertising budget. Since you are doing residential work and the guys out there are a dime a dozen doing $99 housewashes, you need to get your name out there often. It takes people seeing your company name in print seven times before they lend their credibility to you. One less expensive way to start is with doorhangers. Take three kids with you and blanket your target neighborhoods. (Be wary of soilicitation laws in the particular townships) Follow this with a mailer. You can use one of the ValPak coupon mailers. I would do this for the next few distibutions. Support for these initial advertising mediums would be an ad in the local newspaper, direct mail to target demographics utilizing magnets or pens and a decent phone book listing.

As a new guy it is going to be very important for you to capitalize on all leads. If someone calls you, I don't have to tell you how crucial it is to make sure you land the sale. Do your research on your competitors. Find out the high and low end pricing and fall in between. Put together a sales presentation that is informative and overcomes all possible objections. Never be afraid to ask for the sale. Do a demo if you have to. If someone calls you, they are interested in the work being done. It's up to you to make sure they feel confident in your ability and to leave them feeling they chose the right company for their job.

I am not sure of your level of experience in exterior cleaning, but it is vital to make sure you are well equipped in terms of machinery and tools, professionalism of appearance, insurance and reliability. Once you land a few leads and do the jobs, word of mouth will do the rest for you. You will find as you go along that you can scale back on your advertising budget and work off your reputation alone. Best of luck to you, my friend. Anything I can do, my numbers and email are below.

Have you called Don Phelps???If not do yourself a favor and call him.He has a vast knowledge of the market in Orlando.He can help you out a lot if you are willing to listen and take some notes.

yes i have called don. He seems like a very level headed individual who knows his way around the industry. Hopefully if we can work something out in the near future. We plan on getting together and discussing a few ideas. I really appreciate the help from everyone here it has helped quite a bit. Hopefully one day i will get the business I need to land several jobs in a row like most of you have. You are very right pressurepro Orlando is a very tough place to get jobs. There are so many company's here in orlando that do pressure cleaning. I counted 108 pressure cleaning companys in the bellsouth yellow pages alone, and thats not counting the sprint yellow pages. Plus on top of that, all the company's that don't advertise in the phone book, like myself of course. I'm steadily trying to get my name out there but the cost of advertisement is very expensive when no one want your service. Once again thanks yall for all the help!!!