Sign in to follow this  
rocco

ideal job

Question

11 answers to this question

Pressure,

I checked the code in the file....nothing bad. There is nothing written in VB on it, just all encoded in the spreadsheet itself. Notice how rows 14 through 166 are hidden? All of the data is contained in there. You can't unhide them because whomoever wrote it put in a password, but you can copy and paste everything into a new sheet and unhide those rows to see what's going on. Pretty cool idea.

Spoiler..................................................................

Man behind the curtain...

Ok, looking at the code, basically it has a number assigned to each letter:

a=1

b=2

z = 26

It ignores the first letter of your name, so if you put in "seymore" and "zeymore" you get the same answer. It then adds the value associated with each letter in your name up and adds the number 33 to it. There are 100 possible job titles, and the sum of the letters in your name and 33 will match up with one of the 100 job titles. For longer names that go over 100, it subtracts 100 and returns the new value. Same for it being over 200, 300, and 400. If the letters in your name go over 500 then you are destined to be jobless with the job title #N/A.

All that happens after I type in Dan is God shows up then it shuts down, reason is it is trying to put spyware in my computer and Ad-Aware catches it and shuts down so it cannot install.

yeah i dont know about any kind of virrus and it was sent to my wife from a friend from church! she hesitated in letting me see it after she saw what my name came up with! I guess if you are not sure then dont do it I just thought it was funny and had to share it! I got it a week ago and well nothing has happened to my PC. My PC scans everything I get as my Brother works on computers for a living and he set mine up! As for the code and all you are talking about its all over my head! enjoy the reading!