Sign in to follow this  
Celeste

P/W falls 11 stories

That is so true. Safety must always come first with Cleaning coming a distant second. Thats amazing he survived that fall.

There was a story awhile back where a Powerwasher was electrocuted when the spray from his wand hit the power line to a house. There's also a few stories of guys getting killed and even a child getting killed when they were mixing chemicals. OF course since I own a bucket truck there's tons of stories of guys getting thrown out of them. That just happened by me last year where a tree trimmer fell out of the bucket.

So whats the point...SAFETY comes first and you can NEVER be to careful even though we all take those risk every now and then.

We saw a guy get dumped from a bucket truck yesterday.The entire side of the bucket sheered away from where it attached to the boom arm.The guy was changing light bulbs in a strip mall sign and fell about 20ft.

You only get one chance to be dead...Dude is pretty dang lucky..

Scott, sounds like someone forgot to do the daily safety inspection.. lucky thing he's not dead too.

Some folks say I look like a doof in all the safety gear.. some folks say I look like a doof without it :)...

but no one way rides down for me.. I don't mind telling you, I'm a big time sissy when it comes to falling out and getting dead..

post-102-137772140784_thumb.jpg

On the local news, they said he was a window washer - working alone - which sounds much more likely than a pressure washer.

Interestingly, while I rarely do any work down at the oceanfront, I have a commercial job scheduled (only 2 stories!) just down the street from the same hotel.