Sign in to follow this  
Lou Beach

Water Cannon Power Washers: Opinions?

Lou,

One of the guys that frequents TCN has a rig for sale in Ocala Fl...he's asking $3500.It's an open trailer with a skid and lots of extras.That site is down right now so I can't get you the info but I feel it's a good rig for the $$$ and close enough to drive and pick up.

The water cannon unit is nice and it's a good price.Check out the Largo machines also

http://www.mobileclean.com/hotwaterchoice.html

We have the 110v machine but the 12v are just as nice.

Hey Squirt,

thanks, let me know on the Florida rig. I am so frustrated with trying to buy a used rig, that I am starting to put one together myself.

The Water Cannons seem to be reasonably priced, just trying to find out if the are reliable.

Thanks again and keep me posted please.

Lou,

If you are gonna think about putting one together yourself, let a professional who does it for a living help you. There can me much to consider. Talk to Bob from PressureTek, talk to Tom from ACR. These guys shoot straight and will not steer you wrong. They will help you. Call them.

http://www.pressuretek.com/

http://www.acrproducts.com

Beth

Lou,

If you are gonna think about putting one together yourself, let a professional who does it for a living help you. There can me much to consider. Talk to Bob from PressureTek, talk to Tom from ACR. These guys shoot straight and will not steer you wrong. They will help you. Call them.

http://www.pressuretek.com/

http://www.acrproducts.com

Beth

Lou,

I'm chiming in with Beth on this one. Ditto. I'm dealing w/Tom Vogel, he has been indeed straight and forthcoming. I think it's important to deal w/someone whose going to service what they sell and has many yrs experience as a powerwasher. Tom is willing to drive the 3 1/2 hrs between him and I. That means a lot.

If you are not particularly technically adept when it comes to hydraulics and small motors, you really should consider working w/someone who is. Have you considered rigging the bed of your pickup w/a skid unit and a couple of reels just to get started and perhaps forgoing the expense of a trailer and water tank until next season? Tom has rigged many units in this manner.

He's driving down our way to deliver several Hydrotek units this saturday in Madison. We'll be configuring 3 rigs. You might want to drive on down to check it out and see what we're doing. Perhaps Tom could bring another unit down for you.

I like that Water Cannon. But, it looks a major space hog as far as skids go; it's huge.

paul

(fellow newbie in training)

Hey Folks,

thanks for the input. I have been in touch with Tom Vogel and he is putting together a quote for me.

I will provide the trailer, he will outfit it with a Hydrotech Hot water machine and all the accessories I need to get started.

I appreciate the advice on Tom, it's not a final deal yet, but we are working towards that end.

Thanks

Lou

Lou, the Water Cannon machine is very similar to my Alcota, but the price is by far cheaper. The motor (Honda) and pump (General) are very reliable in all other setups so just guessing I would tell you for the price and warranty you will not get a better deal. If you happen to come across a better deal please let us know.

All skids that I have come across are pretty big. If you order the hydrotek on wheels it comes a little narrower. Servicing the machine is also an important thing to consider, which is why I bought a hydrotek first. It is true that there's more to buying a machine than just the price. The Water Cannon looks to be an awesome machine at a great price, but sooner or later you'll have to service it too. I guess my advice to you would be to buy one that you can get readily available help if something goes wrong. After you learn the machine and get familiarized with general repairs, then that will be the time you don't concern yourself so much with servicing, but with getting the best deal on your next unit.

Squirt,

The one in Ocala is actually a cold water unit with a hot box.

Don Phelps, Maybe it was bought seperately, but it is still made with the same parts as all of the brand name skids. Only thing that I could see wrong with a cold water unit with an added hotbox is if it was a direct drive or gear drive washer which may be the case ( I haven't seen the ad)

Lou Beach,

The Water Cannon pressure washers should be just as good as any of the name brand hot water skid units. It has all the same parts as the higher priced skids. As far as servicing it, you will be a lot better off in the long run to learn how to fox it yourself instead of having to depend on a dealer; you can find out how to fix just about anything from this and other boards and honestly there is not a lot to these machines. Buy a new one and just read up on problems other people are having and learn from how they are told to fix them. Check out higher power supplies they have free shipping on anything over $75 and that includes skid pressure washers!

Don Phelps, Maybe it was bought seperately, but it is still made with the same parts as all of the brand name skids. Only thing that I could see wrong with a cold water unit with an added hotbox is if it was a direct drive or gear drive washer which may be the case ( I haven't seen the ad)

Enjoy!

http://www.thecleanernetwork.com/showthread.php?t=2253