Sign in to follow this  
JFife

Best Pizza

Question

This is probably the subject I am more passionate about than anything else I talk about. The best pizza.

As an STL native, I am partial to a STL style pizza, such as Imo's. I like Joe Baccardi's.

For chicago style, I love Home Run Inn. While i've yet to eat at their restraunt, their frozen pizza's are rediculously good. As a pizza connoiseur, I am ashamed to say I love a frozen pizza, but those are great. I've tried to copy their crust to no avail thus far.

jon

6 answers to this question

While fresh pizza is always best, frozen comes in handy in a pinch. Tombstone is not bad at all.

for frozen pizza, I like the french bread style.... here in chicago, it has to be Ginos East....super thick !!!

I have two local favorites....

One is Il Forno (for wood burning oven style) and the other is Gepetto for the thick deep dish (chicago) style. I have also been known to make home made pizza, and get the dough and a couple other things for it from Trader Joe's.

Beth

Would love a true deep dish pizza but not really found here in CA, sure all the places that make them claim they are real but have had enough to know they are not.

Now a true Sicilian pizza made for us by friends who have owned an Italian restaurant for many a year is two pizzas, double stacked and loaded to the hilt.

As for crust I like them medium, not so thin they taste like cardboard, not so thick it is like eating bread.

And I love to smother butter on the ends. What keeps me FAT.

Frozen, hmm, just buy the cheapest there is, never believed a frozen pizza could be good so guess I need to check out the top brands and see for myself how good they taste.

In Ct we have some of the best pizza in the country- Peppy's Pizza is world famous (new haven) thin crust huge brick oven fired. Lines start every day when they open. My wife and I put on pizza parties all home made. In the summer I do some on the grill- you have to be very fast !!!