Sign in to follow this  
Wallydog

Turbo Nozzles

ok, I have the 4 nozzles supplied with the coleman washer unit. Do I need a turbo nozzle? Is it something that is a must have? Where can I buy a good turbo nozzle? Wallydog

The only time a turbo nozzle will be a must have item is when you are stripping paint. We've stripped paint off houses in many circumstances and I must admint that the turbo nozzle has cut our time by more than 50%.

Besides this one application I think that it's a waiste of money and very dangerous. It is very easy to cause damage with it simply b/c of it's brute force. If you want acuracy then you are walking a fine line due to close proximity. If you wish to play it safe then you are loosing acuracy b/c of distance.

In my opinion, there's no better combination for preserving conditions and a thorough job than a 15045 tip and some elbow grease. (it's a lot harder to damage surfaces with this combination).

Also, the turbo nozzle is quite delicate....you must always point it towards the ground before pulling the trigger, if you wish to keep using it. Once you forget, and you can kiss the ceramic inside good bye along with your hard earned income.

No you do not need a turbo nozzle, many that own them rarely use them including myself. I use mine for stripping paint, or etching concrete for paint prep.

They can be found in many internet stores as well as local hardware stores, however if ACT, is Australian Capital Territory, then you may have a little harder time finding one.

Let's see... I've used mine for these purposes:

Paint Stripping

Sealer Removal

Epoxy removal

Silicone removal off of "Screenmobile" diamond plating (monthly)

Misc. coatings removal

I use mine a couple of times a month. It's great when you need it and definately serves it's purpose in the arsenol. Do you need it when you're just starting out? Not really. When you get a job that requires it, then buy it.

I use mine for:

Cleaning oil stains on concrete

Blasting mud from heavy equipment under carriages and tracks

Stripping paint in paint prep work

Washing oil off heavy equipment, not to close though.

Washing red clay stains from concrete.

Blasting concrete splatter from aluminum sided warehouse. Did a great job and didnt hurt the paint.

I guess I use mine quite a bit. But Its your call, to each his own. I got mine from E-Spec for like $40 and it works great and has held up niceley.

Richard

ROFLMAO Ken :)

Celeste

In all seriousness, we use ours often on new construction brick (if the brick type allows it) Also curbing and concrete areas where the surface cleaner will not fit.

I use mine on decks and fences (with hot water, no chemicals). People tell me it cuts down them having to have barbecues. Noone wants to walk on their deck after I get done with it.

For any newbies out there that do not know, Ken is only joking here.

Hey Roger, Welcome to the Grime Scene. :cheers:

Hey Ken, how do you clean windows? With a soda blaster?

I use a turbo nozzle on concrete, it works great. You just want to watch your distance from the surface to avoid making swirl marks.

Thanks to all who contributed. One of you guys recognised the ACT, Australian Capital Territory. Yes its the capital of Australia but not much bigger than a country town. Have searched around and most people here don't know what a turbo nozzle is. thanks again Wallydog.

You may want to get one, since you probably do not have a surface cleaner. It would come in handy a bit more for you. Not sure what shipping is your place but a nozzle can be had for aeound $25.00.

There are a few other guys from Australia on the boards, I know one is from the Brisbane area. Bart where are you? but not sure where exactly others are from.

Thanks to all who contributed. One of you guys recognised the ACT, Australian Capital Territory. Yes its the capital of Australia but not much bigger than a country town. Have searched around and most people here don't know what a turbo nozzle is. thanks again Wallydog.

I use mine on decks and fences (with hot water, no chemicals). People tell me it cuts down them having to have barbecues. Noone wants to walk on their deck after I get done with it.

LOL!!

(try some muratic acid sometime)

LOL!!

(try some muratic acid sometime)

I use a turbo on extremely dirty asphalt shingles, but I hold it only a couple of inches away to speed things up. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Just kidding newbies.

Wait a minute, I am a damn newbie!