Sign in to follow this  
Mike Sweerin

Website feedback 2 help!!!

Aright guys and gals its time to give us your feedback on our wesite. We want to know what you think and don't hold back. This website is really cool because when a customer clicks on request a quote fills out the info our servers email us that info right to our cell phone/pda. Thanks alot Mike

Edited by Beth n Rod
removed URL as requested by owner

While most companies specializing in pressure washing are using a cold water & low pressure units. We use large high pressure & hot water units to throughly scrub and sanitize your property. The use of Hot water coupled with Extreme high pressure ensures that your property is going to look its best for as long as possible

The site loks great.It's eye catching but not to over powering.

I have some suggestions about the above paragraph.

1.Don't mention the other company or their equipment.The spotlight should be on what your company has and uses.You don't want it to appear you are slamming the competition.

2.The use of '" large high pressure" & " extreme high pressure" I feel will scare people away.Most people equate those phrases with"damage" and often time rightly so.

It's a nice looking site, but I think with the amount of graphics on the page, it someone had a slower connection like dialup it would take a while to load.

Mike,

The site look very nice.

My only comment would be to change the contract for the background or the color of the text from white to black in the center of the window. The bricks hide the message when shown in white or yellow.

Best of luck and don't forget the key words for the search engines.

Jim

....We want to know what you think and don't hold back. .....

Within your FAQ section, I'd stick to posting questions that you have a definite answer

ie: Since you can't give a definate answer as to how long a job would take shorten the reastaurant question to read "I own a restuarant and my sidewalks and dumpster areas need pressure cleaning. Will my customers be inconvienced?"

This goes for the 'average home' question aswell.

(It's a smart idea to post questions for which you can provide an immediate black or white type answer)

You don't want a potential client to turn elsewhere b/c he's decided that getting a quote from you is too much of a hassle, even before talking to you in person. Leave all the technicalities for after the initial contact

I'd also change the 'How much does it cost" question to read something like "What are your rates?".

Definately don't emphasize the 'extreme high pressure' idea. It WILL scare people.

Get rid of the word 'Heck' and make sure that someone proofs the site for spelling and grammar errors.

Besides this it looks awesome

Thanks for the feedback i'll keep making changes. I can see where extreme high pressure would scare house wives. We did in fact make this site our self. Again thanks all for the feedback and keep it coming. Mike Sweerin

If I may make one comment upon further review of the site.

the text, which is the most important part of the site, is difficult to read sometimes against the brick backdrop. I would suggest putting some type of solid background behind the text or bold the text so that it stands out. I'm talking about the text in the center of the page that scrolls.

I found myself straining to read some parts.

The graphics and originality are outstanding.

Thanks for the feedback i'll keep making changes. I can see where extreme high pressure would scare house wives. We did in fact make this site our self. Again thanks all for the feedback and keep it coming. Mike Sweerin

Just the fact that you're advertising "extreme high pressure" as a selling point tells me you need a good bit more training and experience...Not trying to be a smart ass here, but this is the exact mentality that I have to try to overcome in my customers every day...Many have dealt with folks who thought "extreme high pressure" was the way to go, or thought that hot water was a selling point when cleaning residential houses...

Going into this with the mindset of a prospective power wash client here is what I found....

Good news........

Excellent graphics.

Very cool flow to the banner and main page.

Well laid out and easy to find stuff on the page.

Page invites participation. Nicely done.

Stuff that needs work....

The links in the image gallery are inoperative. Strike 1 - You invite folks to look at your work, but you don't have any.

The links to customer feed back are also dead. Strike 2 - I cannot read any client testimonials because you don't have any and if I were a satisfied client I cannot tell the world about it.

It took forever for the page to load (I'm on dialup). Swing and Foul ball. Yes, even in the sprawling metropolis of Atlanta there are still folks like me who cannot get high speed for less than $100.00 per month. So I suffer and put up with it. Had I really been a prospect, I would have probably ditched the connection and gone.

You advertize blasting away with extreme high pressure hot water. Strike 3 - As a savvy homeowner I know that you are going to tear my house to toothpicks if you come and thrash at it with whatever your "extreme high hot pressure" is. I want the guy who uses just enough pressure to do the job and doesn't boil the paint off in the process.

I never got past the home page due to the load speed and again, as a prospect, the site was shot down after strike 3.

Hope this helps your marketing effort.

Cujo

Way too many dead links, invalid phone number (at least I couldn't get it to work from PA). Also, when I clicked on "about us" I got some type of weird effect from the Java or flash and it just got stuck in a horizontal jump. In your FAQ, I agree with the above assessments. In addition, do you really want to tell someone you can wash a house in 1.5 hours? Even if I knew the rates of the industry as a homeowner, I would figure you would be the guys to call for the $149 housewash.

Graphically the site design is outstanding.

Few Thoughts:

Keywords on the bottom of your about us page looks real tacky

Nice header and sideshow. I like the navigation bar

To me your about us section was a bore. I dont really care how you moved to the area and bought your first pressure washer. Tell the customer something about you that will matter to THEM. How you are the most educated, most professional, etc etc. Not to mention you admit in there that you worked for a pressure washer and then turned on him to start your own business on the weekend.

On your "why hire us section": Dont use the word chemicals. Sounds dangerous. And also FYI the size of your machine has nothing to do with the job you perform. In all truthfulness if you really wanted to spend the time you could wash your house just as well with a garden hose and a spray attachment. You sound like a snob talking down to your customers who may have small pressure washers.

Check the use of "your" vs" you're" on several pages

Good before and after photos

You stole your paypal verification logo. The true logo has the code and link to paypal not just the image

Your home page has almost no text. All the flashy words that are contained in the images wont be read by search engines.

The FAQs dont expand far enough for me to read them. It cuts off parts of the answer

Triple your prices