Sign in to follow this  
Washaway

Unloader out to lunch

I've got a Hydrotek SC30008K and this is the first time that the this has happened.........my unloader seem to be going into bypass mode only half way. I've got water being redirected into my tank via the bypass hose but my engine and pump are revving still as if I had the gun trigger pulled. (I've had an unloader go bad on my in the past but not like this)

There are no water leaks anywhere where water may be escaping...

...I ripped it apart today and blew some compressed air into it.......thinking there may be some dirt stuck inside it ............also lubed it but didn't help. The only thing I didn't do was remove the shaft.

Has this every happened to anyone?

Has anyone ever taken these unloader's apart and fixed them?

Can they be fixed at all or should I be melting it and make a pocket knife out it?

Looking for your inputs.

Thanks.

Remove the outlet fitting ( where the hose that goes to the coil attaches). Inside there will be a brass piston with an o ring on the tip and a spring underneath. Sometimes the piston becomes stuck by debris or becomes worn and cocks diagonally in the bore. Make sure it moves freely and that the o ring is in good shape.

Thanks for the info Russ.

I did just that today........infact I took the entire thing apart...completely.

There were no worn orings and the spring was in perfect condition aswell. The only thing that I found was the metal ball, the one that compresses the spring, had water damage....it was pitted here and there.

Anyways I put all bag together and installed and nothing has changed.

When I release the trigger it's bypassing but the engine and the pump don't let off the rpms. It sound as if it's ready for take off.

I've got a hunch that there must be something else wrong with it....<scratching head>

If you have a downstream injector the oring may have failed letting water exit the pickup tube. Check for any leaks downstrem of the unloader.

No downstream injectors of any kind. H2O into pump, pump to unloader, unloader to pressure release valve to heater to hose reel.

Our chemical pumps are a complete separate setup and have nothing to do with the high pressure system.

Thanks anyways.

After spending half my Sunday trying to fix it, with no luck, I bought a new one today and my problems are no more.

I was learned this weekend! :)

Thanks guys.