Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Q & A Session in the TGS chat room

Question

Would you be interested in attending or hosting a Q & A session in the TGS chat room? These sessions could range in topic from Cleaning methods, to Tech questions, to marketing help and other important topics. What I am thinking is we would have a volunteer for each topic set aside time to answer some questions from others that night. What do you get out of volunteering? The gratification of helping others and raising the bar for the industry as a whole. Everyone knows that uneducated companies that continue to make big mistakes not only raises our insurance rates, but gives PW'ers a bad name overall.

For those that would like to learn and attend these sessions, what would be a good day and time?

For those that would like to host a Q & A session (this means being there to answer questions) when would be a good time for you and what would be your topic of choice.

I am volunteering my efforts to coordinate the dates, times and spread the word and do whatever else I can to get the ball rolling. Even if we only have one session a month to start out with, thats a good place to start. Who knows, one day we could be having these weekly.

If your interested, let me know!

Email:

Send a message via email to Mike

Private Message:

Send a private message to Mike

15 answers to this question

I did not receive any messages or emails about this so I am taking it as there is no interest out there at this time for participating in Q & A learning sessions here.

If there is an interest in the future, I will be willing to help get it going.

Hey Mike, this is the first time I am seeing the post. Either it says there are no new posts or it syas there are 55. Count me in if my limited knowlege can be of any assistance. I am more of a business guy than a tech guy so maybe I can throw in a few things that people have taught me that have helped me tremendously.

Mike, looks like you have your beginning here. Also there seemed to be a setting that was off on the email function. That has been corrected, and the email function should be working now.

Beth

I guess the easiest way to get this started would be for those of you that wish to host a Q & A session, let me know the topic of your expertise and the day and time you would be avaliable to answer questions from other members. (Give me at least a week to let others know about it) I'll post the information on the TGS Calander (http://www.thegrimescene.com/forums/calendar.php?) and spread the word to others about how to join the chat room and when to attend this "online roundtable".

Topics could include:

• Marketing
  • Equipment Help
  • Wood Restoration
  • Water Reclamation
  • Flat Work
  • Hoods
  • Safety
  • Computer Help
  • Questions about the joining the PWNA

And many other topics. Just let me know if you would like to help. I'll do my best to get the word out and be there for your Q & A session.

For those of you that are not comfortable hosting a session, but do want to attend these, let me know what days and times you would prefer (incase the host has a open schedule)

I am just trying to help others like myself that would like to learn more, this board is a great place to do just that!

These sound like great topics. I think there was a poll at one point that showed which topics folks wanted to see as well.

Anyone can host a chat, schedule a chat, at any time. The room is open 24/7. We suggest announcing it a week before you plan to have it, and let me know so I can help promote it for you.

One thing I will add, is that this is the busy season. If anyone holds a chat, expect that attendance might be a little lower, and also you might want to start the chat at 8:30 or 9pm instead of 8pm, since some folks work till the sun has set...

Beth