Sign in to follow this  
csoldier

Setting up a new rig

Hi. We have been using a trailer (6"x10") mounted hot water unit for the last 4 years. We want to get a larger trailer- 6'x16' for more hauling space. We have a 200 gal water tank, but we are thinking of eliminating it because we never use it. Any ideas on how to set up this new rig- types of tanks, chemical tanks, etc. Also, are your chemical tanks only used when downstreaming chems. We never downstream, only x-jet? Any diagrams available for trailer set ups?

Thanks,

Mark, La.

Mark,

I'm just curious why you would need a 16' trailer if your taking off the 200 gal tank? One of my trailer is 16' with the tank and I have plenty of room. I should also mention that I hate the trailer because of its size. My 10' ft trailer (without tank) is alot easier to maneuver between building etc and has plenty of room. Good luck...I'd send you a pic of my set-ups but I dont think there what your looking for.

Can't get too much room!!!!!!!!! I have 18' bumper pull trailer for my residential trailer. I have 2 hot unit in it and a 500 gal tank.

I have a 26' gooseneck trailer With a big unit init . A 60 hp. Duetz Diesel turning 2 pumps, have a hot water Landa in the back,500 gal. tank and a 100 gal soap tank.

I have a 32' gooseneck with a bigger unit. 80 hp. John Deere diesel turning 3 pumps 7gal@3600psi. 1000 gal tank and 100 gal soap tank. Now we do a lot of big agriculture jobs with these bigger trailers that we send 3 men to for all day. So these big daddys are too big for the average every day house washer. But that 18' does seem pretty small somedays. I guess you may say that I wouldn't have to haul so much water but I feel I have to. Just today I had a house that didn't have any water at all so I said I'll go do another house first fill my tank up there then go to the place that didn't have water, well it turns out that the first place didn't have much water either so I went down the road a mile or two and filled up then went back and finished and just had enough to do the second place too!! Hey give me a call and I'll give you some lil tips.!!! 717-532-2692 Jay R.

Here's a pic of my new rig, took 4 weeks to get it ready to work and me doing all the welding. I love a 16' because it is easier to back up and tows a lot smoother than a short wheelbase trailer!

post-1028-137772142522_thumb.jpg

post-1028-137772142529_thumb.jpg

post-1028-137772142534_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of my new rig, took 4 weeks to get it ready to work and me doing all the welding. I love a 16' because it is easier to back up and tows a lot smoother than a short wheelbase trailer!

Very nice, good job! ::looking down and back up::: My rig seems so small now.

TRichter You built that trailer your self? or just that top on it? Proud of you!! My first trailer was a 16' just like that and got the old stick welder out and built it myself. Build it the way that you want it. Only problem here in Pa is that it took 6 mo. to get a registration for it. I pulled it anyways. Hey different things work for different people.

TRichter are you going to be hauling water? It looks to me like you have around 700-900 gal capacity. If you are then I don't undertand why you mounted your tanks on one side of the trailer as opposed to down the middle.