Sign in to follow this  
newlook

Getting Your Foot In The Door W/Out Stepping On Your Competitors Foot

One of the hardest things to do when you are trying to "get your foot in the door" is to not bash your competitor (publicly that is :) ). Remaining professional when you are talking about your company services to a potential client is critical in winning them over, especially when they already have a power wash company performing the work for them.

I have attached a standard letter that we have been using over the last couple of years in our attempts to "reach out" to potential fleet wash and commercial accounts. This positioning, as I call it, affords that opportunity to get our "foot in the door".

The next time you approach a bank chain, restaraunt chain, fleet wash or apartment complex and the powers to be say that they already have a power wash company doing the work.....thank them for their time and consider mailing them the attached letter. I think it could keep some doors open for you. What do you have to lose?

valleyfarmtranscvrltr.doc

Yea, I like it and it has got us a few accounts. They key behind it is that when and if the customer does call you ....you need to perform bigger and better than their current power wash company. This marketing approach can take a long time for you to flat out win the contract but it is better than having the door shut on you right from the begining.

Just one of many tools we all need in our efforts to stay sharp and think of creative ways of keeping our company name out there.

Carlos, nice letter.

I send letters and do a ton of follow up calls & letters and it has paid off several times for my company. I send to companies Ive never worked for and all the companies I have done work for. The ones I have done work for is just thank you letters and to ask for more work. Ive had property managers tell me they got my letter and/or call and thats why they called.

What ever you can do to keep your name out there! It works.

Thanks for the example

Jeff

Bringing this back to the top as we have received some emails requesting any additional marketing tools we have used in the past to land contracts.

We use this letter all the time and/or a version of it. ** see the 1st post**