Sign in to follow this  
Degraffreed

Issue with pump

Can any vet give me some advice. I went to change my pump oil from my TS2021 at the drain plug and I believe Delco put loctite on the plug. I used my socket and my cresent wrench to not avail.

I decide to use a small pipe wrench and Boy did I chew that plug up. Now my question is as follows:

1. How do I get the plug out to change my pump oil? Any tricks of the trade?

2. Do they make a siphon pump small enough to drain oil from the top oil filler( where the oil dip stick is), so that I may siphon oil this way?

3. Run machine for 10-15 min to let oil thin a little and try to siphon with a small 1/4 hose. Or is oil viscosity to thick to accomplish this?

I am in need of a change. About 30 hours past maintence.

DeGraffreed:lgsick:

Have you tried letting the pump get warm to expand the plug hole some?

As for thickness, mine uses 30 weight. Noproblem to pump out if you can reach the bottom.

I had the same problem, except my pump is ALSO very hard to get to when wanting to drain the pump oil. I ended up rounding the edges of the plug with a pipe wrench trying to get the SOB off. I think I am going to just remove the entire back plate of the pump so that I can get that (*&%# plug out.

Go to Tractor Supply and get a syringe that is used for horses and cattle. These hold a good amount of fluid. On the end where the needle would be I have installed about 10" of 1/4" clear tubing. Stick the tubing down in pump filler hole and pull the injector part up. After about 4 times I can get 95% of my oil out and I simply add new oil and in 10 minutes I'm through. Hope this helps, if you need pictures let me know and I will get some posted this weekend.

I only use 6 point sockets on brass (17 mm for drain plug, 30 mm for valve caps). You may never get it out now that it's chewed up. I may have some extra crankcase covers laying around if you want to start over.

Thanks to all that posted. Needless to say I had a hell of a weekend.

1. I had three job to do. One driveway, two residentials. When I arrived on the driveway job, I noticed after I was ready to get started, the burner did not work.

So we proceded to clean the driveway with no heat. No big deal here.

2. First residential, no heat means no gutter brightning. Had to brush gutters that were completly black. Man, I have respect for you guys that wash with no hot water. I have never cleaned without hot water available to me. We brushed those gutters about 1 hour and still could see the black streaks. We went ahead a clean what we could and told the homeowner that we had some equiptment issues and would come back once we to care of the issue. Long story short, It was the relay. Delco people overnighted me a new and improved relay coversion kit. Now that is customer service!

So to all you that clean without HEAT my hats off to you. Next time my heat goes out, I am calling it a day.

Degraffreed

residential, no heat means no gutter brightning. Had to brush gutters that were completly black. Man, I have respect for you guys that wash with no hot water. I have never cleaned without hot water available to me. We brushed those gutters about 1 hour and still could see the black streaks. [snip] So to all you that clean without HEAT my hats off to you. Next time my heat goes out, I am calling it a day.

Am I hearing that if I get hot water, I can clean shingle oil from gutters w/o a special gutter mix!?!

Here's what I have been doing: I use my homebrew (butyl based) gutter mix that works really well, but the process itself adds some real time to a house. I use my pump sprayer with a 16ft wand, apply/wait 15-30 sec, and rinse with an xjet. Sometimes I have to do a 2nd pass on neglected gutters, but rarely do I actually brush anymore.

Now for the question again: hot water = no black w/o chems? If I can do this with hot only, I will be out to buy a new rig monday morning. I could have saved at least 2 hours today alone. And if this is true, what are the drawbacks of going this route.

Next gutter cleaning you get use purple power. If you use full strength most times no brushing is reguired hot or cold water it doesn't matter black streaks melt off right before your eyes. 50/50 you may have to agitate a little bit but again hot or cold water will work just fine.

Hold the boat. There's nothing wrong with using a brush to apply gutter cleaner. The idea is to use the brush to apply the cleaner not scrub. Did I hear you right, a pump up sprayer with a 16' extension wand? That's crazy. Get your self a 5g bucket, pour about 1/2 a gallon of purple power in the bucket, dip soft bristle brush into bucket (fitted with extionsion pole), apply chem to gutter with brush and rinse. You will find that it is much easier, and will use far less chemical.

Next gutter cleaning you get use purple power. If you use full strength most times no brushing is reguired hot or cold water it doesn't matter black streaks melt off right before your eyes. 50/50 you may have to agitate a little bit but again hot or cold water will work just fine.

I'm running purple butyl caustic 50/50 with 10% truck wash. Melt is fine when applied with a pump sprayer, not strong enough to apply with an Xjet. Leave it on too long, and it is a nice paint remover.

Hold the boat. There's nothing wrong with using a brush to apply gutter cleaner. The idea is to use the brush to apply the cleaner not scrub. Did I hear you right, a pump up sprayer with a 16' extension wand? That's crazy. Get your self a 5g bucket, pour about 1/2 a gallon of purple power in the bucket, dip soft bristle brush into bucket (fitted with extionsion pole), apply chem to gutter with brush and rinse. You will find that it is much easier, and will use far less chemical.

I was doing exactly that (and scrubbing between dips) that and I personally find the sprayer faster, easier, and uses a similar amounts of chems. But, easy as it is, it is too slow. Apply, wait, rinse, move up. And for 3 stories, it's being applied from a ladder (with a pole) and dripping into my face. I want to X-on wait 30 sec and X-off. Whole house in 30 minutes or less.

As for my mega-wand, I took a stock pump sprayer and cut it 1/2 way between the nozzle and the trigger and added 35ft of hose. I took my gutter brush (that threads onto my x-pole) and drilled a hole through the back and passed the wand tip through. Now, I have a 16ft brush that can spray from the backside. Works well, I want better.