What do you do when you go on vacation  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do when you go on vacation

• Notify callers with voicemail that you're on vacation
    • Disconnect phones all together
    • Have someone trusted answer phone calls
    • Direct callers to email and check emails from remote location
    • I don't go on vacation

Vacation? What is that? I sprinted to Florida for a few days between Christmas and New Years. That's my slowest time. 14 hour drive each way kind of takes away from the vacation aspect a little.

I am one man op. Last year had to take a forced vacation (she made me) and any calls I recieved from vox mail I still followed up on ( most of you probably would too, vacation or not). I had a fellow pw firm who was not on vacation cover my leads and I kept a small % since I supplied the lead & he did the work while I was gone. It worked great. He made $ and got some work and I made $ and didn't work. Kind of like subbing it out but still make a few dollars. I didn't worry about damages or anything like that since it was on his company's time and his insurance. Although for my regular auto and truck acctounts I explained to them that there would be a gap in service and I could refer them to this guy if they were interested. They declined and waited for my return.

Felt good that they just wanted me to do the account and not risk possible poor service from another pw firm that they were not familiar with.

I forward my calls to my cell phone, and have someone on standby to handle emergencies, when everything works perfectly. I also do not usually stay gone for a long time. I fly back and forth. I might try a whole week again this year.

Scott Stone

I am a one-man-show and I usually take two vacations each year - August and Christmas - for about a week each. Over the years, I have found that business slows in August, so I don't miss too much. The phone doesn't ring too often between Christmas and New Years either.

My business number is my cell number, which I don't answer, but I do get messages and call people back to schedule. When people realize that I am on vacation, they are usually impressed enough with my actually calling them back that they are willing to wait.

we are a one man, one woman show, with other fulltime jobs and if we travel for vacation, wrestling tournaments or work I'll forward the business line to my cell, then get the voicemail and return calls.......and if we're gone for a week, I pray for rain here, so I dont feel as bad!!

actually closed 2 deals and ordered my ready seal from the western national Fila Cadet wrestling tournament in vegas awhile back.....just have to remember the time change and dont try to use your cell phone while in the sport book !!!

I'm heading to Europe, for two weeks, at the end of July and have yet to figure out exactly how I'm going to handle the phone issue.

A trusted friend is going to answer my phone calls but the rest is a hassle. I'm thinking of getting a phone overseas so that they can call me immediately when a call comes in.

The 'we're booked for the next two weeks' card is going to be a must, but I'm also considering having this friend take some digitals and I can give prices once they have been emailed.

What a headache.

I forward all my call to the cell and if I have sevice when it rings I answer if not they get my voice mail, then I call them back fairly soon. My crew taking care of bus. while I'm gone so as long as I'm not to busy I can slide out for a lil. Just remember to take your breif case and a print out of your schedule and the phone # that you will need while your out!! Guess one these days I'll break down and buy a lap top. Maybe you don't call that vacation but I've got to keep my wheels hummin' for the next few years to keep my nose above the water, going from a one man one rig to 5-6 man 3 rigs and getting married in one year at my age is just about all that you really want to take on at one time at least for my small 150 lbs. :):):)