Sign in to follow this  
Aries EC

Weird coxreel or I am blind :)

Hello everyone! It's my first post here and we are new company in SE Wisconsin.

We ordered and recieved a Coxreel, 300' 3/8in 1225 model from factory. I looked at handle and almost fainted. Now, either I am blind or there is something wrong with it. The way it is, I cannot crank it because handle doesn't go past the frame and reel stopper. It doesn't crank as it is and it surely won't when I attach plastic handle tip.

Is it the way it should be and I am doing something wrong or they sent me reel with wrong handle (not parallel to the frame)?

Is there a pin or screw to remove the handle? If so, remove the handle and flip it around the other way than screw it back on. Sometimes they package things this way to save room while shipping.

Heh, the problem is that the handle has a hole only on one side. Also, as far as I see, handle can be attached only at one side of the reel. I attached 2 pictures to describe this problem better.

post-1144-137772143942_thumb.jpg

post-1144-137772143945_thumb.jpg

The handle must have bent during shipping.If you feel comfortable bending it back straight you can be using this reel in a a few minutes.If not I suggest you call Cox and explain the problem and see if they will send you a replacement handle.It is the correct handle for the reel, we have 2 of these reels and they have been money well spent.

Thanks for help.

Good to know it's the right handle. It really doesn't look bent (no marks, just that weird shape) nor it's easy to bend. I will call them first thing on Monday to figure what to do.

If You have that reel mounted, did You use just 2 1/4in bolts?

Hi, I purchased a Coxreel and recieved it about 3 weeks ago. I did not know that it need a whip hose. I placed my Coxreel order over the phone and I think that he should of told me that I was going to need a whip hose. I finally ordered the whip hose but I just cant figure out how to hook it up to my Coxreel. The Coxreel is 3/8"X250' 4000PSI. The center of the reel has a hallow space but no openings. Anyone out there have any experience with one of these Coxreels?

I must say one thing. Othere than my PW machine, everything else that I have bought was through Pressuretek. I decided to purchase my hosereel from another place because it was I think $30-40 cheaper and I sure to regret it. Every time I have called Bob @ Pressuretek he has been very helpful.