Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Any Audiophiles out there?

Question

12 answers to this question

For the home you cant beat a good Onkyo TX-NR1000 receiver with some B&W 800 Series speakers. For the car of course, an Alpine receiver with some Rockford Fosgate subs, MB Quart speakers, and two Boston Acoustics GT42 amps.

That’s just my 2 cents...

Into theatre moreso than sound, and sometimes the two go hand-in-hand. I have a sony 57"highdef, and this winter I may start the sound process. Right now it looks like Denon receiver and Klipsch speakers, but still shopping.

Jon, Denon/Klipshc is an excellent combo for home theater. For mid-fi gear Denon makes a kick arse receiver. Here is what I have in my movie room:

Front Mains are Mirage OM-5's driven by twin monoblock Adcom amps pushing 600 watts apeice bridged to 4 ohms. Front and rear center channel s are OM C2's. Rears are omnipolar Mirage OM-R2's. I have two servo controlled Velodyne 18's I have had for ten years and they still shake my foundation.

I used to be very into car audio competing. Back in the day it was Precision Power amps, MB Quarts all around, Eclipse head unit, stiffening capicitors separate battery with 160 amp alternator and four JBL tens in a band pass enclosure. I miss those days.

LOL, i've never heard of any of those brands/products, so they must be good. What kind of screen do you have?? Plasma, actual projection?? Were you into the whole rice burner racing, or just audio??

Only thing I have is a 12 inch BOOM BOX in my Pick-up truck with dual amplifiers with super after market speakers.

Now I can HEAR and blast the hell out of the kids when they drive up next to me with their boom box blasting I just turn mine on and BLAST the punks away. LOL

If I had the cake I'd be one, but my parents(in their 50's) had some sort of mid life crisis thing and went and spent almost $10,000 in Tweeter ( a high end audio/visual shop). 62" Dlp TV, Polk audio, Denon Home theater.........it sounds insane! When I was younger I was very much into car audio. I entered an contest once and right before I was to be judged my then girlfriend called with some stupid emergency and I had to abort. My friends later told me that I would've won hands down because the low end frequency they were judging on was where I had excelled. I had about 15 spl more than the guy that won. He got a 4 ft trophy, I got a stupid girlfriend.

Nothing beats my Bose Wave Radio with Rachmaninov or Liszt tickling the ivories and a dark room. Better than any television program!

Wife wouldn't agree, though.