Sign in to follow this  

Dave,

I didn't finish getting it together until late, and had a job in the morning, so figured I would be fine. I did get the pump out and was able to save most items, so I could set up my old drum again.

I was trying the 55 gallon drum in place of the 30, so I could raise the pump and reduce sediment before discharge. I never got a chance to see how it would work, as it collapsed before anything was discharged.

Sounds Like me. Work late on something and usually I don't want to wake the neighbors though by starting it . So I just test it on the job. What drum are you going back to?

I have been using a heavy duty DOT rated 30 gallon drum. It works fine, but I wanted to get the pump off the bottom and try something new. With the pump elevated in the 30, it was to high and when the float kicked in, it was already being sucked thru the vacuum.

Since I use a sutorbilt blower, there is no high water shutoff and the water gets sucked right thru the blower. I need to use a bigger drum to allow for the stand off. I am now going to either change to a different pump, or use a second drum for sediment.

I guess you finally found a local source for your drums. Thankfully they aren't too expensive.

Hhhmmm a seperate waste tank, now that's got me thinking. That filter sock captures the large stuff, but that sediment is a real PITA to clean out. The wheels are starting to turn (which can be dangerous).

Thanks for sharing that thought!!!

JD

The Steel Eagle Fury system uses a 55 gallon drum for as the first tank to capture the heavy stuff and when it gets full enough, the water goes into the actual waste tank which has the pump in it.

I have been limited in space so I was looking for a way around the solids seperation tank, but it can be neccesary if you have lots of sediment.

When I get more space, I will have 2 tanks.