Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

Do your guys hate you?

Question

Just a question for those of you with one or more full timers working for you.. Does your attention to detail drive them crazy? I have one guy that shares my anal retentive nature and another that says "get 'er done". My problem with guy number two is, his philosophy is, if the customer doesn't see it, it doesn't need to be addressed.

What do you think?

8 answers to this question

Detail freaks drive me nuts. I am not detailed. I just avoid the detail work, & let the details to others. I would not give him the detail "stuff", like spindles, etc. Try to find work for him that doesn't require attention to detail. Otherwise, the 2 of you won't ever survive as a team. You'll either have to find work that suits his mind & skill set, or he'll be gone. It's much more expensive to fire/hire a new employee than it is to retain & train him.

I call it the "Eye for detail" either you have it or you don't.I tend to see things that customers see and I have tried to teach my guys to look for things that the customer will see and they are learning but I still get frustrated. lol

My guys get pretty annoyed. To be fair, they are caught between me pushing them to meet my standards, and me pushing them not to be so slow.

James, i drive my guys nuts too, that funny. I once had better production on a vacation.

if the customer doesn't see it, it doesn't need to be addressed.

I know i would not be around still if i hired guys like that, i try to instill we are the best and my guys instill that pride in my customers by going the distance above and beyond the expectations. also pointing out what other companys Missed. (thats You)

sorry for the harsh statement at the close but I get most jobs by pointing out what other are not taking care of. They appreciate that we bring it to there attention.

corporate inspection will..................that means they get and F if you don't do it right.

Hey Ron, no offense taken, you're just off the path. I offer the best service out there, period. Not a bold statement, no overconfidence, just a fact. It is highly unlikely you would follow any of my jobs and be able to point out many missed details to my customers (which is a questionable way of making a sale in my opinion, I prefer to point out what I do right, not what others do wrong)

I think perhaps you misread my post. This guy is a hard worker, he just needs guidance. His complimentation to my crew is his ability to keep things on schedule. If you have an abundance of perfect work machines that show up and are on time and do things exactly as you would do them every single time, please send some my way.