Sign in to follow this  
tropical wave

Behr gone, RS Natural Cedar

Question

The pics from the original thread are gone, so here it is......

This deck had a double coat of Behr redwood colored semi with silicone, it was pretty near a solid to look at it..... replaced about 8 boards on the steps and floor, stripped, neutralized and sealed with RS Natural Cedar. The steps that are lighter colored are obviously the new boards... :)

The structure of the deck is PTP.

post-721-137772145356_thumb.jpeg

post-721-137772145359_thumb.jpeg

11 answers to this question

Beth, thanks.....used the TimberStrip and the TimberBrite (ox)..... the behr was pretty nasty, and was only on there for about 2 years tops....... between the floor boards was tough to get to but worked out well.... :)fence next spring....also a behr product, yipeeee

Any sanding involved Mike?

oh yes.... the middle pic still has the 2 makita machines resting nicely on the top step.....oops, my bad for leaving them in the pic.....Didnt need to sand too much, but such a small deck, i knew it would look better.....

Thanks Ken.......Im gonna shoot a cpl pics next week when the color really settles in..... :)

after 8 days you can really see how the sealer changed to its true color...not orangey, but cedar like its supposed to be.... :)

post-721-137772145502_thumb.jpeg

post-721-137772145506_thumb.jpeg

post-721-137772145511_thumb.jpeg

Good job bro, that first pic of that behr was brutal!

thanks man, I HATE behr, .... it blows ......I have some really good pics of the floor before and during stripping.....it was almost solid looking and flaking...yuk

home depots biggest seller here too......oh well, keeps us in business :)

was in a different big box store the other day and almost fell over when I saw the new "armour all" deck and wood protectant...... I picked it up to read the container (made sure nobody was looking at me first) ...... seems like any big name can get in the bizz and sell this crap...... name recognition, whats next?

Johnson & Johnson Deck wash

Heinz wood protectant

Toshiba total wood care products