Sign in to follow this  
John Doherty

$175 House Wash

Question

Here is the ad running around by my Dad in Central NJ

Powerwashing of any house, single family, up to 3,000 sqft - $175, Reg $300, includes free gutter cleaning (add'l charge to remove gutter screens). In biz since 1989, etc...

So do you think this is a 'keep the guys busy during the slowest summer month' or is there maybe some kind of upsell, or????

That's gotta be a real tough price to stay in business with, any comments?

JD

32 answers to this question

I've used that many times.I found the "quotes wrap" on the tool bar and was trying that one.When I previewed the post it looked liked it worked.

I was trying to post several individual quotes and repond to each like Mike does often.He has several different quotes in one single post.That's what I THOUGHT I was doing.

Maybe next year when I go see a downstreamer in action,I'll stop by and have him show me his downstreamer and his "quotes" trick. LOL

Thanks

Scott

I am printing out some of these responses and putting together a guideline of sorts for field maketing. Thanks for the good pointers from all and thanks for chiming in Scott.

3 rules definately hit home and they will be on page uno!

This should help alot and keep me from "getting Bucked off " so often.

It's all starting to come together. A little refining here and there. A tweek here and there. There are tidbits from everyone's advice that has started to help and revamp the business plan and marketing plans.

Closed on few deals today and leads were poping up around every corner.

I won't say were I am at with the K-mart gig yet, I don't want to jinx the positive direction it is going (hint hint).

Stephan Speilberg is not an explosives expert, alot of people think he is though.

He just has the right group of people behind him!!!!

Thanks for the help.

I've used that many times.I found the "quotes wrap" on the tool bar and was trying that one.When I previewed the post it looked liked it worked.

It's pretty simple

I was trying to post several individual quotes and repond to each like Mike does often.He has several different quotes in one single post.That's what I THOUGHT I was doing.

All you do is type in the responses you want where you want them. Then copy and paste the "QUOTE=username" (in brackets) at the beginning of each segment of quoted text, and copy and paste the "/Quote" (in brackets) at the end of each segment of quoted text.

Maybe next year when I go see a downstreamer in action,I'll stop by and have him show me his downstreamer and his "quotes" trick. LOL

Then, if you like, you can make your own text bold, italicized, underlined, or change colors

Thanks

Scott

all of my work comes from just talking to people. I'd say maybe 2 jobs have come from people seeing my sign on my truck, out somewhere.

I get better than response that with my trucks, but not much. I did invest in 10 polo shorts with my name on them, and I wear them anytime I am not behind the gun. Shopping, kid's schools, out to eat, etc. And I ALWAYS quote in khaki's and a logo knit. Even if it means stopping at a gas station and changing clothes.

Also, when I talk about my business I always talk big. Truth only, no lies, but always BIG. For example:

"The _crew_ will be here on Monday"

"I'll have to check _the_ schedule" (as opposed to _my_ schedule)

"I will be on site to personally supervise your job"

"Here is my direct number"

"_All_ of our employees undergo a background check"

"We do not schedule on Saturdays, it is reserved for an overflow day"

"we are presently booked until next ___sday" I use this alot and sometimes even when I am not booked. If they must have it tomorrow, then I will have to get back with them after I make some calls and try to re-arrange some jobs. When I call back, I have managed to move some jobs and get them a slot tomorrow afternoon. Of course, I did it especially for them. ;)

I always speak in plural. We, our, the company, our crews, the office staff, our billing people.

My cards don't even say owner. Unless it comes up in conversation, I'm just the overly honest sales guy happy to be working for a very reputable, and somewhat large, enterprise.

Think big, project big, peform big.

I always speak in plural. We, our, the company, our crews, the office staff, our billing people.

My cards don't even say owner. Unless it comes up in conversation, I'm just the overly honest sales guy happy to be working for a very reputable, and somewhat large, enterprise.

Think big, project big, peform big.

I do much the same thing, though I DO want them to know that I'm the owner. I don't want to look too small, nor do I want to look too large. I want them to know they're dealing with a company that is established and reputable, but not so large that they're simply dealing with hourly employees who may or may not care about their plants, house, etc.

In adding an employee this summer, I have run into aprehension with several customers when they find out I won't actually be doing the work. It has taken some reassurance to get them comfortable with the idea, and assurance that I stand behind the work, regardless of who performs it.

I have run into aprehension with several customers when they find out I won't actually be doing the work.

Ditto. That's when I am "personally on site" supervising.

I don't generalize house washing.I mean they can all be different and have different "obstacles",meaning you can take two identical houses and put them on different landscapes and have two different prices.I not only charge by the house, but what I have to work around.I look at and bid every job separately.