Sign in to follow this  
svp07

Hose Reel Cart and Trailer Pics

Question

A while ago I had posted a thread about building a hose cart for my high and low pressure hoses to get some feed back. Well I built it a while ago and thought I would post the pics. I got the design idea from a shur-flo setup pics I saw on here and thought I would share my design, it might help someone on here. I also am posting my trailer pics, I am a small part-time operation so no bashing please. The pics might help other newbies out there like me.

post-569-137772145384_thumb.jpg

post-569-137772145389_thumb.jpg

post-569-137772145392_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

I'm not bashing at all I'm just curious, does it fall over alot? It looks top heavy and seems like it would be impossible to wind up the hose without someone holding the handcart. How did you solve that prob?

Steve,

There is nothing wrong at all with your setup. You should be proud of it. You have found a way to be portable and eliminate some of the operator fatigue. Thank you for sharing here. I know I enjoyed seeing your setup, I'm sure others will too.

Have a great day!

Beth

Classic,

I does not fall over, I placed my high pressure hose on the bottom to prevent that problem. I primarily do residential homes and I usually pic a spot on the property as a base to set up all my stuff. I pull my supply hose first which connects to the house and then pull out my high pressure hose. The weight of the high pressure hose on the bottom along with the two pieces of steel that stick off the front have kept it from tipping over. Set-up and break down are a lot easier now. I keep my gun, 2 wands, jumper hose, and ball valve on that cart, m-5 nozzle is in the nozzle holder on my machine. I had to try to minimize my trips to the trailer, because I was making a lot of trips.

Eads,

The trailer was acquired by my father for transporting my sister and I back and forth to Clemson Un. in SC. The frame was at my aunt's house and not used for about 4 years. I took it apart and rebuilt it to what it is now. The base and ramp are original, sides, top, and shelf are new. I have had to get real creative on how to utilize the limited space to carry everything I need for a job. The trailer holds my machine, hose cart, surface cleaner, 5 buckets, a fiver of citriclean, on the bottom. The shelf has all my odds and ends, other chems in gallon jugs, tool box, spare parts, scale, protective gear, boots, wood to stabilize ladders, 40ft m-5 tubing and surface cleaner handle. Also have window cleaning equipment attached to the side. I pull with my car which holds my ladders, extension handle (14 feet I think) for my brush heads, and chorine. Boy do I need a truck! Hope that Ford employee discount runs next summer!

I have one small suggestion for the trailer.Add some kind of vent for gas fumes to escape from.

Other than that it looks great.You did a super job at making the most of teh space.